• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Power steering upgrade

fireLt.

NAXJA Forum User
When I get done with the comanche I will be getting back to the XJ. One of the things I would like to upgrade is the power steering. I am already running a PSC heavy duty gear box, but it still isn't as good as I want. I am not interested in using a assist ram on this project. I run one my Yota truggy and it works really good, but they come with there own issues. I have been looking at upgrading the pump as a way of improving the steering at low rpm and tire pressures. I am looking at this kit from PSC.
http://www.pscmotorsports.com/pk1652-9506-40-jeep-high-volume-pump-kit-p-833.html
Anybody have experience with this or something similar? Is it worth the money? Does anybody know pressure and flow specs for the stock pump?

Last edited:
I personally don't have any experience with this kit but I have a friend that has this in his crawler and he loves it.
Also, one of the show rigs at T4T had one, and it had some pretty fancy engine parts all over.

Back