• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

95 XJ - Horn relay location?

Blaine B.

NAXJA Forum User
Where is the horn relay located on a 95 XJ? I believe it is mounted in the fusebox below the gauge cluster. Although I am not completely sure, it's too cold for me to feel like checking myself today :)

Going to wire up an electronic air horn and use it's horn ring wire to tap into the vehicle horn wiring (via an additional relay) so I can trigger the air horn without having to reach to the control box.

According to the FSM the wire leading from the horn switch to the horn relay is black.

Thanks in advance!

On the '93 the relay is just under the dash to the right of the steering column. There is a panel there with sockets for ten relays -- the horn should be one of the two nearest the column. You can usually hear or feel it click when you press the horn switch.

Oh right, fantastic! I totally forgot all about that little box which attaches to the lower dash panel.

Has the turn signal flasher, rear defrost relay....etc...in it.

Great, I'll have to take a look at that. Supposed to be near 50 on Sunday. Maybe I can wire it up then without freezing.

Back