• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

01 Cherokee Windshield Rubber Molding

Genuine Jeep is always better. Most Omix and Crown parts are cheap Chinese or India junk that either fits poorly, wears out quickly, or does both at once.

To the first individual, I was not asking where to buy it! I'll just leave it at that. Anyway, I would much rather have the original Mopar molding, but was under the impression it was unavailable now. About 3 years ago I was looking for one and all I could find that any place stocked was one from Omix, maybe Crown, and Precision. At the time I couldn't find the genuine Mopar molding. I bought one, I think it was Omix and it's not as wide as the original. I plan on buying another one. If I can get the Mopar piece, I'll get it.

I know much of the aftermarket stuff is garbage. I have two classic cars, one I restored and one I'm working on now. Both have the old style rubber gasket that goes around the glass, then the pinch weld. For my 66 Chevy II, there's a couple that fit really good like factory, with enough material to cover opening with no gaps. Then there are a couple of brands that are crap. But you're not buying original, factory 1966 Chevy rubber, so you have to pick the best aftermarket made. That's why I asked.

I don't know which one would be better in the aftermarket versions.
I can tell you this.
My '00 XJ was leaking through the windshield.
At the time I was having my body guy deal with some surface rust issues.
Figured have him handle the leak in case it was more then just a remove, regunk, and replace.
Turned out that there was no damage to worry about.
I was able to get a Mopar molding.
His glass guy said that the Mopar one was a little tough to work with.
Being older, but new, it was a little stiff. Not like they make them anymore so the ones you could get have been sitting for a bit.
He got it to work and all was fine but he did mention that about it.

So last night I went to the Mopar parts site RCP Phx linked to and ordered a windshield molding. This morning I got an email from them saying the item was no longer available and they issued a refund. There are several websites like this and some list it as not available, some do not. If any of you have a source for the genuine Chrysler Jeep molding I would appreciate it.

Back