• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

BUILD: My 1987 "Wagoneer" XJ Limited

Small stuff...

Small stuff...

Covered the plastic bumper filler/shield with textured-vinyl:

XJWorkingProgress030.jpg

Interior...

I have sent-out the first interior panel to be covered - I intend on covering all the interior plastic. For the purists... I use double-faced tape so the panels can be restored to original:

1) NOS matching fabric across the top
2) New carpet (to be wrapped)
3) Top of carpet and around latch-cover to be bound/stitched

If this works... I'll have the other panels done too!

XJInterior.png

Headliner

NOS Headliner has arrived! Need to have it covered in a matching Tan material:

XJHeadliner.jpg

Very nice rig, I think it would look nice if you were able to find a set of turbine wheels for it. They are not the easiest to find but over the years I have been lucky enough to come across two sets of them.
8332d1259032092t-anyone-know-what-these-wheels-xj_fc_001-1-_zps1dhgahhl.jpg

Very nice rig, I think it would look nice if you were able to find a set of turbine wheels for it. They are not the easiest to find but over the years I have been lucky enough to come across two sets of them.

They look great on your Jeep! Unfortunately I be wanting all original as on the build-sheet. Thanks for looking!

As someone who has restored a 92 Lebaron GTC Turbo, welcome to the "we love it and know we're never getting our money back" club.

Fantastic attention to detail.

As someone who has restored a 92 Lebaron GTC Turbo, welcome to the "we love it and know we're never getting our money back" club.

A labor of love... :sunshine:

I'm a member too! My 90 Laredo, my dad bought it new. I restored it 4 years ago. I'm in it about 5k but it was worth every penny

IMG_20141122_083153_152.jpg

Beautiful jeeps, makes me jealous, and my 87 Renix Wagoneer (my only working DD recently :) ) and Cherokees (2 of 3 back on the road this week) are barking at me right now telling me to get off my arse, LOL.

I wish my Wagoneer had been in a decent enough shape to restore.
Beautiful resto, very jealous!

The paint job and some plastic is about all I have not restored on my 87 Wagoneer. Planning an engine head job next, 287,000 miles and still a DD.

The paint job and some plastic is about all I have not restored on my 87 Wagoneer. Planning an engine head job next, 287,000 miles and still a DD.

As I work on the XJ... I believe it would make a better daily-driver than the SJ.

Some woodgrain wrapping

Gas-fill-surround:
Woodgrain%20Wrap%2001.jpg

Door-jam-trim:
Woodgrain%20Wrap%2002.jpg

Nice find! Let me know if I can be of any help!!!

This is the one I just saved from going to the junkyard....
60f91b41d932b78dc0cad8cd341b49b7.jpg

It will be a slow process getting it to look good again. Yours is beautiful.

Your Waggy XJ is looking awesome! I also noticed the Grand Wagoneer in one of your other pictures. Got any more pics of that?

I'd love to someday restore a Classic Jeep and daily drive it. I'd rather spend the money and time on an awesome looking and well-built vehicle compared to the expensive pieces of junk they sell these days. New cars cost $40+ grand and only last 5 years before they need expensive repairs.

Your Waggy XJ is looking awesome! I also noticed the Grand Wagoneer in one of your other pictures. Got any more pics of that?

I'd love to someday restore a Classic Jeep and daily drive it. I'd rather spend the money and time on an awesome looking and well-built vehicle compared to the expensive pieces of junk they sell these days. New cars cost $40+ grand and only last 5 years before they need expensive repairs.

Thank you for looking. The GW has a build at http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showthread.php?t=143870 and there are a number of photos near the end of the build that show Delilah after she was finished. Here's the most recent:

Delilah%20Ms.%20January.jpg

Very nice! Awesome attention to detail, can't wait to see what the XJ looks like when it is completed.

Back