• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dunlop Mud Rovers

mookarma

NAXJA Forum User
I have a quick question. . driving a TJ myself, I think this is the right board in which to post this, but please correct me if I'm wrong! After posting on other websites, a user suggested that I post this here since many of you may have some comments and or suggestions:
Apparently, 33x12.50x15 BFG muds are on backorder from BFG, for a minimum of eight weeks. While I'd love to go to 35"s, I don't have the money to get my Jeep to that point. I was wondering, for those of you that have experience with dunlop mud rovers, how they handle and wear on the highway. I'd like some life expectancies if anybody has any! My TJ is a DD and see's plenty of Florida's mud. I've heard positive things about them in the mud, so I'm not worried about that. I kinda have to get them from Sams, for warranty, prices, and convenience reasons. . thanks

Sam's Club does have a good price on them as they also do on the BFG AT and GY MTRs. I never had Dunlops, but they look like a decent tire. Some people in my local wheeling club either love them or hate them. Try using Yahoo and/or Goggle and try to locate some tire reviews on them. Another option is getting retreads. Sacto Patrol got from 33x11.50x15" (app metric size calc) I believe for $66 a tire shipped to his house in Sacramento, CA. Check that out as well, the retreads mimic the Dunlop MT and are dirt cheap as well.

Troy

opinions - everyone's got them...

tire "do you like them" threads are commonly inconclusive, and a lot of speculation and "my buddy likes them" type of posts...

if you like a tire and drive your jeep on the street - then you'll be getting new ones in bout 2 years anyway - so i think that you need to make a decision and buy whatever tires you want -

ill bet that after this thread is 3 days old you wont be any closer or any more informed than your research on "google" or "yahoo" will show you...

however
good luck - i wish you the best
-Ranger

I'm currently running 35" Mud Rovers. They grip well in the rocks and not bad in the snow, but they ARE a bit loud like most MTs.
Good tire for the price.

XJ_ranger said:

tire "do you like them" threads are commonly inconclusive, and a lot of speculation and "my buddy likes them" type of posts...

if you like a tire and drive your jeep on the street - then you'll be getting new ones in bout 2 years anyway - so i think that you need to make a decision and buy whatever tires you want -

ill bet that after this thread is 3 days old you wont be any closer or any more informed than your research on "google" or "yahoo" will show you...

however
-Ranger

Man Opie you got that right. I researched for 3 months and I could change my mind daily for that same period. I finally settled for 33x10.50 TSL radials. A bit thin, but they should tuck well and do real good in my trail conditions. Shallow Mud, Snow, logging roads mainly. Where do you guys locate Mud Terrain Re-treads ? My son can't afford new tires so that may be an option.

XJ_ranger said:

however
-Ranger

thanks for the well wishes. . . I'm really just looking to get some firsthand experience on how long they will last. . . I know which tire I want but can't buy it because it's on backorder for two months (at least) and I need mine in one month. I had money in hand to buy them, but that's life I suppose.

I like mine, but they SUCK in the snow. Then again, you shouldn't run across that problem very often in Florida, will ya?

Yucca-Man said:
I like mine, but they SUCK in the snow. Then again, you shouldn't run across that problem very often in Florida, will ya?

hey it snowed on the beach in cocoa beach last year! But no, no snow for me. . . I went ahead and ordered them today, fearing the inevitable blow-out from my current tires if I didn't. . came out to $201 less than the BFG's, so I guess I'll get what I paid for! Thanks for all your suggestions

Back