• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

wrangler tj/yj steering box swap to xj

hidesintrees

NAXJA Forum User
okay tnt customs site says the YJ box has a fixed 3:1 ratio and 4 bolt mount, is the TJ box any different aside from the 3 instead of 4 bolt mount?
i know this isnt really xj material but im doing the swap and im sure someones done this.
thanks

XJ/TJ same box with 3 mountinf tabs. The YJ boxes have a forth. So, a YJ box will fit a XJ/TJ. I just did a Durango box since mine was bad. IMO it's a better swap than a YJ box you get a larger piston and a can turn my 34's with one finger on the wheel.

Does the Durango box have the four bolts? And does it mount to the existing three? Just have to drill out the fourth hole. I just found a YJ box for 20 bones and would like to know before I buy it, if the Dura box will bolt in same holes.

Between the two, which is more durable/helps with stiffening the front end? I seem to recall T&T claims the YJ box and mount will help stiffen the steering box area.

MudDogg said:
Does the Durango box have the four bolts? And does it mount to the existing three? Just have to drill out the fourth hole. I just found a YJ box for 20 bones and would like to know before I buy it, if the Dura box will bolt in same holes.

Direct bolt in just need to space it off the frame rail a little to make it fit. Do a search for a write up on here. Oh 3 bolts not 4.

BlackSport96 said:
Between the two, which is more durable/helps with stiffening the front end? I seem to recall T&T claims the YJ box and mount will help stiffen the steering box area.

The only reason it stiffens up the frame rail is beacuse of the plates. That is why I said to add it along with a C-rock inner and outer plate.

Back