• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Project first timer

Yeah, if sitting in traffic, on such a warm day the temp sits just above 210 and stays there...... you're doing just fine. Jeep manuals show that operating temp for the 4.0 is 213-215 degrees. Hood vents, or hinge to hood spacers do help.

I haven't had any problem getting the O-ring kits from Advance Auto Parts and have seen them in various brands on Ebay.
That's good to know that I'm in the right area. And it blows my mind how hot these run. I have louvers and they helped alot with beat soak but still get hot.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Temp looks good. As long as it can sustain it and not struggle to hold that temp you’re fine. Remember that the gauge isn’t great tech. Put a gun on it to see what true temps are and go off that.
Ya I figured the gauge was slightly off. When using a gun do you point it towards the thermostats housing?

Welp. I have to do the head gasket. Drove home to find coolant boiling and shooting out of my overflow tank despite it not over heating. Seemed to much to be a radiator cap issue. 😩 gotta tear everything back apart.

You can do a hydrocarbon test on the radiator to confirm a bad head gasket. Flash boil is a symptom of an air bubble more commonly than a head gasket in my experience.

Too bad I am out of state or I could test it for you. Maybe someone else on here has a tester.

They loan out the combustion chamber leak testers at AutoZone. Used it on a 4.7 v8 I had, the liquid changes color if exhaust gas it present in the radiator, pretty easy to use.

You can do a hydrocarbon test on the radiator to confirm a bad head gasket. Flash boil is a symptom of an air bubble more commonly than a head gasket in my experience.

Too bad I am out of state or I could test it for you. Maybe someone else on here has a tester.
Ya thanks for the offer!! I ran the compression test and for 130psi in all 6 cylinders so I think I'm good there. Must have been air in the system and bad radiator cap. Replaced the cap and burped the system and didn't have any issues the next day but I'm going to continue to watch it.

I have a set of the Big prothane inserts coming off the rear shortly . If you want them let me know . The stuff that came off the front was stolen with the stock Jeep along with my big Jeeps new yellow top . If I ever find out who took that Jeep I will be in trouble because I'm not one to be screwed with .

I have a set of the Big prothane inserts coming off the rear shortly . If you want them let me know . The stuff that came off the front was stolen with the stock Jeep along with my big Jeeps new yellow top . If I ever find out who took that Jeep I will be in trouble because I'm not one to be screwed with .
I'll take anything lol. I have stuff posted on the for sale if something interests you for a trade. And ya I had some stolen out of my jeep this week.... I found him 😈 and had supporting evidence so hopefully they get him. Maybe we can stake out together lol

I'll take anything lol. I have stuff posted on the for sale if something interests you for a trade. And ya I had some stolen out of my jeep this week.... I found him 😈 and had supporting evidence so hopefully they get him. Maybe we can stake out together lol

The parts are yours then . And anytime you want to try and catch your thief i'm down to play that game ...lol...thieves are dumb , but usually not tough

The parts are yours then . And anytime you want to try and catch your thief i'm down to play that game ...lol...thieves are dumb , but usually not tough
I'm all about it lol. As I said earlier my jeep was stolen as well. I was lucky in the fact that at the time I had auto lockers and they snapped the drive shaft when trying to run from the cops. Not before they took it for a joy ride though. Hate people lol. I need to figure out how to wire a kill switch. And replace my locks they are still messed up, hence why I had stuff stolen lol. But apparently I assisted in the identifying of group of burglars. Hopefully they actually do something about it.

I'm all about it lol. As I said earlier my jeep was stolen as well. I was lucky in the fact that at the time I had auto lockers and they snapped the drive shaft when trying to run from the cops. Not before they took it for a joy ride though. Hate people lol. I need to figure out how to wire a kill switch. And replace my locks they are still messed up, hence why I had stuff stolen lol. But apparently I assisted in the identifying of group of burglars. Hopefully they actually do something about it.

Kill switch is easy just tap into the harness for the fuel pump . The fuel pump wire is on the driver side rocker harness runs back under the bench seat and through the door to the tank . The 3 plug ECM only has 3 screws holding it to the gender it takes about 2 minutes to pull it then the jeep us going nowhere. You can also just pull the plugs out enough so it won't start. I Just was not thinking theft when I parked at our company yard...lol...now I'm thinking about it and if the folks return they will eventually get more than they expect .

Kill switch is easy just tap into the harness for the fuel pump . The fuel pump wire is on the driver side rocker harness runs back under the bench seat and through the door to the tank . The 3 plug ECM only has 3 screws holding it to the gender it takes about 2 minutes to pull it then the jeep us going nowhere. You can also just pull the plugs out enough so it won't start. I Just was not thinking theft when I parked at our company yard...lol...now I'm thinking about it and if the folks return they will eventually get more than they expect .
Ya I pull the plugs now. It's easy and cheap lol. But i understand, mine was in my driveway when it was stolen. Did you ever confirm that it was your jeep you saw going down the road?

Ya I pull the plugs now. It's easy and cheap lol. But i understand, mine was in my driveway when it was stolen. Did you ever confirm that it was your jeep you saw going down the road?

Nope I was going north In the semi him going south all I could do was wave and wonder. The detective jai Rogers is un reachable I call no one answers and no return on the voice mail , which I was calling to see if he got the company security video my safety guy says he never heard from "mr. Rogers" ...I bet if they stole Trolley he would be looking .

Nope I was going north In the semi him going south all I could do was wave and wonder. The detective jai Rogers is un reachable I call no one answers and no return on the voice mail , which I was calling to see if he got the company security video my safety guy says he never heard from "mr. Rogers" ...I bet if they stole Trolley he would be looking .
Ya they gave me the same run around to press charges. It's not a priority so they don't care.

Ya they gave me the same run around to press charges. It's not a priority so they don't care.

That seems to be the norm.

I'd let them know that it seems I'm closer to catching them than they are, and that it would be in the thief's best interest for an LEO to get them.

Seems like they'll give you the "you should leave anything and everything up to us" schtick. To which I would let them know I did, but they don't seem to either care about doing their job, or just aren't very good at it.

I did know someone that basically was nearly able to hand them over (knew where they lived, name, etc.), and the cops still wouldn't do much. Their tune changed when he let them know that this call was a documented attempt, and that he would then be approaching the thief to have his item(s) rightfully returned. Whatever MAY happen, i.e. and altercation, etc. etc. would then fall on the police, as they were aware of the situation, and have shown they were choosing to do nothing. Funnily enough, after that call they all of a sudden showed interest in helping :rolleyes:

Unless it gains them notoriety or funds things, the responses I, as well as many others I've known...has been "sorry that sucks, nothing we can (in reality are willing) to do."

I know there are plenty of good LEO's out there, but whenever it's come to getting general policework done, the sheer lack of effort, without caring that the victim know they don't care, has been the general layout of what I and others have seen.

When my wife had her car stolen in HS. The Fort Collins Police Department basically told her "that sucks, nothing we can do"...FFS :rolleyes:

Try getting a bike stolen. They just go ok, here’s your insurance paperwork, well let them know if it pops up.
But my tint apparently needs the attention of 4-5 squad cars at a time.

Try getting a bike stolen. They just go ok, here’s your insurance paperwork, well let them know if it pops up.
But my tint apparently needs the attention of 4-5 squad cars at a time.

Yep.

One requires work and doesn't net them anything back in their pockets.

The other requires very little work, can be done by 6 officers at a time, and nets them revenue.

Cha-CHING!

The oil leak has gotten worse 😣. The oil fill cap is so tight I can't get it off by hand and the valve cover gasket I put in didn't hold up. I knew it wouldn't, I shouldn't of gambled it lol. Oh well, so I might do the oil filter adapter and the valve cover on Friday. That should clean it up a little and see if my oil pan gasket and rear main are good.

Back