• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

95 3.4L SFI.......Camaro.....

Ghost

Member Number 257
NAXJA Member
I found one of these in a u-pull it. Is it worth the trouble to get this engine to replace my leaky troublesome 2.5L or should I try and figure out where the hell all this oil is comeing from. I am thinking my 2.5L needs a rebuild. It is gushing oil from some unknow, unable to find source. At the very least I think I'm going to have to pull the intake, exhaust, and head bc I think it is a head gasket that is the source of the leak! For those of you that don't know I have a 84xj 2.5L, ax-5, np207. I am planning a 5.0 swap eventuallty but right now do not have the funds to rebuild the 5.0 and put a 4wd output shaft in the aod. Pluss I still have to get a t/c for the swap. I can get this engine, computer, wire harness, exhaust manifolds, for about $250. So besides a fuel sending unit and 2.8 y pipe. What ealse would I need? Am I being stupid for even thinking about this swap?

I have the answer to all your oil leaking problems! Drain the oil,just like you would for a normal oil change. Replace the filter and oil drain plug. Go down to Lowe's or Home Depot and buy one of those large caulking guns and a tube of silicone to fit in it. Better yet,since your leaks are severe,better buy 2 tubes. Go back to the shop and squirt all the silicone into the engine. Run it to circulate the silicone and then shut 'er down to let the silicone dry. The silicone will coat the entire inside of the engine and seal it from the inside out. :roll: :lol: :lol: :roll: You hate me now,don't you? Did you think I was going to have a serious answer? Come awn, Glen! You know me better than that :lol: Go with the 3.4,it'll be better,and probably easier all the way around.

Yo SO FUNNY!

I like that, nice! And no I don't hate you jsut wishing I had a whitty come back right now! LOL! Let me know next time you get over here, maybe we could have lunch or something!

Back