• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

"Proud supporter of Team NAXJA" King of the Hammers T-shirts available

Goatman

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
We sure appreciate all of you who are ordering T-shirts to help us make this effort possible. We have plenty of things to get yet, more tires, safety equipment, radios, etc, so any help is greatly appreciated. We have "Proud Supporter of Team NAXJA" T-shirts avalable, both long and short sleeve, for a $40 dollar donation, which includes shipping. If you'd like a shirt or two, please go to the Team NAXJA website www.teamnaxja.com/ and click on the link to place an order. We're trying to print another order of shirts on Nov 10th, so we'd appreciate getting orders by Nov 9th, though we will have shirts available after that.

Here are links to threads with more information about the King of the Hammers race, and about Team NAXJA. Also, please take a moment and visit the Team NAXJA website.

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=966019

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=972620

www.teamnaxja.com/

Team NAXJA consists of myself and co-driver Paul Sinclair in my XJ buggy, and Dave Taylor and co-driver Garry Hall in Dave's XJ buggy, plus a support crew consisting of other NAXJA members.

Paul and I competed in King of the Hammers '08 and finished 7th out of 44 entries. We were in 9th place halfway through the race, then broke a driveshaft and air locker lines, and lost an hour doing repairs. After the repairs, we finished the second half of the course with the 4th fastest time, getting the fastest split time of the entire field on one of the sections. The field for '09 has been increased to 92 entries, and many new cars are being built, so the competition is going to be fierce. However, we are making improvements to the buggy to make it faster and more reliable, so we think we can be very competitive. And, we're still competing in a rig with a 4.0L that was once a full bodied XJ, against all those custom built tube chassis V8 powered buggies. :)

I'd like to say a little about the King of the Hammers race, why there is a Team NAXJA entry, and a little about myself.

King of the Hammers is a totally new desert racing format that has generated a tremendous amount of interest and publicity in a very short time. Rock sports has recently evolved to include short course rock racing with XRRA and UROC Rock Cross, where cars compete for time over an intense relatively short course. King of the Hammers combines rock racing and traditional desert racing to create an endurence race billed as the Ultimate Desert Race. This years course is likely to include 12-15 miles of rock trails, including the infamous Hammer trails, and 70-80 miles of desert. You can imagine the challenge involved to cover that much distance as fast as you can and yet hold the rig together so you can finish.

Team NAXJA is all about using the general interest, hype, and media coverage of King of the Hammers to promote our club and our website. This is a good opportunity to increase awareness of NAXJA, to further establish NAXJA as one of the premire organizations in our sport, and promote our forums. Pirate4x4.com is the only other club/website that is sponsoring a team, which puts NAXJA in some pretty good company. We believe that good quality recognition, like will come from involvement in this race, should help when Cal and others are out there talking to vendors about our club sponsorship program, which provides merchandise for our event raffles. It can't hurt membership either, as it helps provide more pride of belonging.

For any of you who don't know me, I've been involved in building XJ's for about 13 years. I've served NAXJA as club vice president, twice as president, and as a director. I organized the first two NAXJA Fall Fling events in Moab, and also organized both the 20th Anniversary Celebration and the 25th Anniversary Celebration. Through a couple of annual events that I've organized, the Best of the West trips and the Rockin' XJ Jamboree, we've raised and donated in NAXJA's name over $12,000 to land use causes. Raising awareness and promoting NAXJA has always been real important to me, as has the overall health and well being of the club. I'm proud to have been a part in establishing our club in it's early days and am very happy to see us thriving and making significant contributions to our sport. I'm also very appreciative of all the good friends I've made in this club, and of the generous support from so many of you in this crazy effort to put our XJ buggies up against the best rigs and drivers in rock sports.

On behalf of myself, Paul, Dave, Garry, and the rest of Team NAXJA, we'll do our best to represent NAXJA and make you all proud. And, show those big dog high horsepower folks what a cut down grocerey getter is capable of. :D

Wish us luck, come out to watch the race if you can, and buy a T-shirt if you're able. We'll sure appreciate it.

I think Richard forgot to mention that these shirts are total babe magnets, it's also Richard's B Day today.
There's a couple more good reasons to get those shirts on order.

This racing deal is overwhelming & I don't think we could do it without all the support we're getting:clap:

Paul

That shirt is just sick!

Shirt_18.gif

if only the shirt color wasn't canary yellow.....

Yellow is beautiful. :)

Besides, it stands out and helps get pics in the magazines. :D

Thanks to everyone who's ordering shirts, we appreciate it. :cheers:

I'll order on the 10th of Nov, so please place orders by the 9th.

Thanks,

I want to get both long and short sleeve, but the links on the teamNAXJA.com site are set up for just a $40 dollar donation.

Should I just send 2 different donations or can I just send one donation to a PayPal adress?

I want to get both long and short sleeve, but the links on the teamNAXJA.com site are set up for just a $40 dollar donation.

Should I just send 2 different donations or can I just send one donation to a PayPal adress?

Specify long or short sleeve along with your size and shipping info. You can make two Paypal donations, which many have done, but I think you can just change the amount to $80 if you want two.

Short sleeve and long sleeve are the same price.

Thanks again to everyone who's ordering shirts. I need to place the order tomorrow, Monday, so please get your order in if you'd like a shirt or two. Click the link at the bottom to the Team NAXJA website.

Thanks again. This is all coming together, if I can drive halfway decently, the rig should be in good enough shape to do well. We also want to have good safety gear, which once we get it we'll be able to use over again.

Special thanks to everybody who has put in an order. We are working hard on the Rigs and plan on doing our best to represent and XJ's at this prestigious event

Back