• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Help Asap

jrgilchrist

NAXJA Forum User
98 xj 130mi just put on a new exhaust manifold gasket. Right befor i started the job i tried to turn my car on and it took a while for it to start. Everything sounded allright but it seemed that it wasn't getting enough gas. so when i would give it some gas it would start up and seem to run fine. right after i would get it going and let off the gas the rpms would drop and the engine would die.

WHATS wrong with my baby. Allso the check engine light is on which i will check asap, it wasn't on when it first started doing the problem so i have a feeling that it has something to do with my replacement of the exhaust manifold gasket, i think i put the wrong plugs on the fule injectors but im not sure how would i know if i did that??

any help would be appreciated

jrgilchrist said:
i should also mention that it dies while im driveing it, but sometimes it will stay running but at a real low rpm

As suggested, check the vacuum lines for blockage or breakage.

Also clean the IAC (search for it - it's a very easy job) this could be a large part of your problem. Make sure the intake manifold bolts are torqued down properly as well and that the gasket has fully sealed down.

you would think after woring on jeeps for the last couple of years one would remember to make sure all the plugs are properly seated. it was the iac sensor cable, one doesn't think at 430 about such things

Back