• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jeep "lower fourty" concept

Ianf406

NAXJA Forum User
without increasing lift, i would think that it cut the truning radius really bad.

other then the big tires its mostly stock rubi.
still kinda cool

^^^ I'm pretty sure you have no idea what you're talking about.

lift won't change turning radius, rim backspacing and tire diameter will.

Also - bigger engine and a dana 60 rear don't come in a rubi.

With that said... I would get one if I had the money, but I wouldn't want to run 40s on a 44 front.

I saw it first hand at SEMA last year

704872554_xbbPs-M.jpg

704874443_9oWHd-M.jpg

...I wouldn't want to run 40s on a 44 front.
I thought the same thing...but we all beat the piss out of it (and this is a 5.7 HEMI and 6-speed combo) and never broke the drivetrain. That being said, it's not like it was following me into the really nasty trails or getting tires wedged, BUT it looked cool. More to the point, it makes people aware of the "lower COG is better" crowd's opinion.

-----Matt-----

Without increasing lift, I would think that it cut the truning radius really bad. Other then the big tires its mostly stock rubi.
Yeah...you've missed the point. They replaced every single body panel and chopped the top 3". The goal was to make a cool looking off-road concept rig, that for once actually has genuine off-road ability. Mission accomplished. Is my XJ more capable off-road? Yes. Is Lower40 way fawking cooler and more fun to drive? Yes.

-----Matt-----

Like it but...I would bet for the price the folks buying them will NOT be tearing them up anytime soon. I will stick with my 3000 dollar XJ and I won't be the guy buy the side of the trail crying about my ripped up quarter/rocker panel and the paint.

Like it but...I would bet for the price the folks buying them will NOT be tearing them up anytime soon. I will stick with my 3000 dollar XJ and I won't be the guy buy the side of the trail crying about my ripped up quarter/rocker panel and the paint.
Well, yeah. That's why you own a Cherokee. Because you're a cheap SOB (as am I). You must realize, Chrysler makes zero money when you buy a $200 Cherokee...and if you want the company to exist in any form, something like Lower40 should be applauded. Seriously, when was the last time you saw a concept car with selectable lockers?

-----Matt-----

I think its pretty sick... I'd deffinitly spend the money if i had it... that thing would be great in the mud..

I think it looks sick i like the choptop and the low COG concept it has going on

Well, yeah. That's why you own a Cherokee. Because you're a cheap SOB (as am I). You must realize, Chrysler makes zero money when you buy a $200 Cherokee...and if you want the company to exist in any form, something like Lower40 should be applauded. Seriously, when was the last time you saw a concept car with selectable lockers?

-----Matt-----

I agree, Im not so much cheap as I am poor, but I get the point. Thats cool "they" or whoever let you drive it.

i think they were supposed to call in a dana 46 or something, but didnt want to lose potential buyers so they left it dana 44 or something like that

Very fun to drive. Here's a comparison to myXJ on 37's:

068.jpg

069.jpg

070.jpg

-----Matt-----

very good comparison, for a newer vehicle to one that is a bit older.
there is a few things i see on your XJ that i'd definately want on that "lower 40" .
1st: that "nice" winch on the front end... cuz you KNOW that you'll need it eventualy. even if it is only to help out someone else.

2nd: don't see any c.b. antenna on that thing, yours is very visible.

3rd: as stated before the "lower 40" doesn't look like it has very much flex. when they put those 40" shoes on it did they keep the "stock" suspention? (after reading the article it sounds like it)

i have to giv eit the credit that it at least looks a lot better than some of the "jeep" pictures i've seen floatin through some of the sites i'm on! (you know which ones i'm talkin about.. lowered & with 20" wheels etc).

Back