• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Auction XJ'S

pa_muddin_xj

NAXJA Forum User
Has anyone bought their XJ from an auction, maybe a government surplus auction. where police and park ranger XJ's would be sold? i know the state of pa does that.

Bought mine last year at a GSA auction '97 with 28,000 miles. Came with a couple of bruises that I can live with. I haven't done any maintenance other than the normal fluids changes. Paid ~2/3 of what other 97's in the area were going for and they had a lot more miles. If you go this way do not expect any fancy features. The year before I bought a 2000 Stratus at a GSA auction. It only had 13,000 miles also no maintenance other than fluids, tires, spark plugs and this week a battery. I'm a believer in buying GSA cars.

My son just bought a 98xj SE from the GSA in an on line auction through the Bel Air, MD auction. I was a little leary, but it turned out to be a great deal. The car is a red four door, has skid plates and trac-lock(important as this will be an expidition car), aw4(would have prefered a stick), AC, cruise, am-fm stereo(no tape or cd)46000mi. He paid $6200 for it. I went out to MD to pick it up for him and drive it home. It ran great, the AC frose me out, the cruise control worked great, got 22.8mpg for the 1000 mi drive home. The only complaints were one tire was borderline and the spare was flat. There is not a dent or ding on the car and interior fabric is like new.

Back