• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Which Stand for me?

ZacSquatch

NAXJA Forum User
I've been using a 2 peice old cable climber I bought at wally-world a few years ago. I don't mind the cable so much as the crap teeth they put on the stand side, Ive broken 5 off and tried rewelding some on there but its just polishing a turd.

I just need a decent stand for under 250, let me know what ya'll think.

BTW, doesn't need to be bow-friendly

Treestand01.jpg

:D

haha, if I want that I'll just my roof...

My climber is an API Grand Slam Supreme. It's alright for no more than I use it.

My fave is my "buddy stands". They are just a ladder stand for 2 people. I am usually by myself, so it's pretty roomy. 2 people can fit in it but, it's not very comfy. After hunting out of the buddy stands, that climber seems like I'm hunting out of the trunk of a Yugo.

Hale

I use nothing but ladder stands. Buy most from Cabelas or Dicks Sporting Goods.

My hunting grounds are in 3 states so a ladder stand is worth as much as tits on a bull to me.

Hmmm, what do you hunt in trees ? :D I hunt from the ground and just invest in a new pair of elbow and knee pads every year, though I did break down a few years ago and buy one of those inflatable pillow things the you open the valve up and the foam expands then close the valve. I don't sit too much when hunting so it's of limited value.

C'mon Zac... be a Manly Man

Fashion yerself a spear and jump out of the tree onto the critters.

woody said:
C'mon Zac... be a Manly Man

Fashion yerself a spear and jump out of the tree onto the critters.

Will a bayonet work just as well, haha.

Back