• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Borla?

DjXj

NAXJA Forum User
Well I have an Automatic 1990 XJ, I'm looking for Borla Headers for it and all I see for that is that they specify Manual for manual trannis?? WTF? Does it matter? If so is there an Auto version for this cause i can't seem to find one?

Thx,
DJ

From what I have heard, many people have used that Borla header with autos without any problems. Juice

I have a 90 with auto and don't recall that I had to specify a unique header. I bought it in '99. I have two part numbers and don't know which is for the header they are 17010 and 14200. The other is the CAT back.

If you have any questions on installation, let me know. I will tell you that you will probably need to remove the left motor mount. Both mine were broken and I didn't know it.

17010 is the headers that are specified (manual tranny), Ill call them up and see wassup. But these headers have the O2 Sensor slot and the EGR tubing?

I have Borla header on '92. It says specify because some older (89s maybe) cherokees needed the pipes altered if automatic, but I think Borla fixed that. I don't think you'd have a problem.

Jeff

The EGR tube is a real pain, hook up the header loosely first then the EGR pipe to the header then tighten it all down. I would also use antiseize on the threads to the EGR pipe. I really like the Borla header, good fit and performance. Good Luck

Woody

Back