• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone in Myrtle Beach S.C.? (Local question)

hotrod22

NAXJA Forum User
I was wondering about a restaurant down there. I haven't been in a few years and want to know if its still there before I make a road trip for nothing. There is a place on King's Highway (70ish avenue N, I think?) , a steak house that has an 80 ounce steak! If you eat it all it is free! It is on the beach side of King's Hwy, Texas something, maybe? Can anyone confirm/deny this place is still in business? Phone number would be great! I have a buddy that swears he can eat it, I say "No Way"! , one way to find out! Any help would be appreciated!

Last edited:
I believe it's the Texas Roadhouse Grill.

If you take a trip make sure your in the area on a Wednesday and go to T-Bones, in Muerells Inlet I believe. They have the best all you can eat ribs, they just fall right off the bone.

DDCxj said:
I believe it's the Texas Roadhouse Grill.

If you take a trip make sure your in the area on a Wednesday and go to T-Bones, in Muerells Inlet I believe. They have the best all you can eat ribs, they just fall right off the bone.

And it's the local guy who gets it. :D

I've been going down there pretty much every summer for like 8 or 9 years.

By the way, if you go to T-Bones, which I once again will highly recommend on a Wednesday night, make sure its spelled with an "es" on the end, not a "z". The one with a "z" is like a chain like an Outback and just does not cut it.

Thanks guys, I used the link to call just any place on Kings' Highway and asked them, they told me it went out of biz a couple of years ago. Bummer! I was looking forward to trying it!

I could eat one of those babies in a few seconds. Problem is, I don't eat fat, gristle or bone and last place I went to like that, they make you eat it ALL to win...

:puke:

Beej said:
I could eat one of those babies in a few seconds. Problem is, I don't eat fat, gristle or bone and last place I went to like that, they make you eat it ALL to win...

:puke:

eating babies is gross...google "baby soup"

I highly recomend Greg Normans restaurant. It's on the main strip close to the Hard Rock Cafe (I think). Food is awsome. Best calamari I've had anywhere. Make sure to call for reservations.

Back