• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Exhaust Manifold Adapter Pre 2000 to 2000+

markjrs3

NAXJA Forum User
Hey all, there's old threads and people who had access to the adapter plate for using a pre 2000 motor in a 2000+ (0331 replacement) but I can't find any updated contact information for someone who has access to where to find them.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks

If you buy a banks header for a 2000 model you won't need it. Just buy gasket to match the head year. A stock gasket will work. I'm assuming you have the duel cats? It will have 2 ports to match the exhaust with the two cats.

If you buy a banks header for a 2000 model you won't need it. Just buy gasket to match the head year. A stock gasket will work. I'm assuming you have the duel cats?

Yes, the Banks' header, for the 2000-2001 0331 head and dual mini-cats, will fit the better flowing earlier heads.
It comes with the proper gasket,eliminating a lot of problems. You still need to fab brackets for the coil rail or convert to a remotely mounted coil.

This sounds like a great idea in theory, but it's also throwing a ton of cash at the problem.

In the past it looks like people have fabbed an adapter and tossed a gasket on each side and called it a day. If I could find a used Banks somewhere for reasonable money I'd consider it

Back