• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

June 1 OCG

in4aride

NAXJA Forum User
Saturday June 1.
Chinamens.
May camp Friday night.
Trailhead 0930 Saturday.
Be a mixed groups of jeeps and Toyota’s and whatever else. So be a slow going run is my guess.
Bring your asses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just put a time off request in to work so I should be able to make it. Hopefully my rig is capable of this trail it’s one I have always wanted to try!

I would also be ok with camping Friday night. I live in Littleton so it’s about 2.5 hours for me I would rather be up there Friday.

Color me maybe.

Perfect. Sounds like a handful of us may camp Friday night. Good mix of rigs coming it sounds like.
If I get to camp I’ll be late to the party.

I don't think my rig will see trail until July and it will still only be about 3/4 finished , but should be trail ready as far as mechanical . I'm not sure I'll get a chance to get new axles under my trailer by then , so I may look into overloading a U-haul trailer since I do recall it possibly being wide enough to be made to haul my rig when I measured the total width of a U-haul trailer when I used it to recover my stolen jeep .

How challenging are the first few obstacles? chances are I wouldn’t be able to be up there until close to 6 or so.

Well I changed plans so I’ll be there early. Likely camp at trailhead itself. Or just up the trail a bit, I’m not fancy. First part of the trail isn’t hard at all. There is a washed out left hand uphill turn that used to be a bit of a diff snatcher, but otherwise nothing worth noting.

Sounds good I’ll just be coming up straight from school which gets out around 2:30 so probably be there close to 6. I’m not to picky where we choose to camp just tell me where to go and I’ll be there!

I keep seeing videos of what looks like a giant rock garden hat people are crawling over is that obstacle an optional one?

Without seeing specifically what video, it’s hard to answer.
It there is an obstacle called rock pile. Yes it’s optional.

I fit at 85” wide (I think that’s what it was I don’t remember.) Xj on there no problem.

Good deal ... I got very little time to work on my rig , so I'm just going to rent a trailer the first couple runs rather than worry about axle swapping my trailer first .

FYI a few folks may run carnage and catch us on the trail. Right now I have roughly 4 rigs including myself in the Chinamens run as a more than maybe.

Back