• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

We need a run soon.....real soon!

ryurabbit

NAXJA Member #611
Lets get some dates out here and hash another run out!
I'm still sky high from moab!
Rabbit

How about the 8th 9th 10th and 11th, My son has a four day weekend.

Where?

Maybe someplace people can come for one day or multiple days.

mark

how about something where people can stay 4 days or just come up for 1.... I know that unfortunately I will have only one day to show up :( but I definately need to get some action :D

Kejtar

I'm going through some post-Moab withdrawls too! I'll have to look into the dates a litle further..but I say it's time to get something going, after all, we're all down with the pre-Moab building rush! (well, all except me...was too busy with the pre-Moab fixing rush, but I may know the terrain so it won't be as bad! :))

So...anybody care to recomend a location? As always I'm up for Big Bear...

Sequoia

The question is..... where? Where can you go for 2 or 3 days & not repeat? Truckhaven has lots of variety & different lines & difficulty levels..... BUT ! new years is approaching. Ocotillo Wells?
Might be alittle far.... If I can make it I'll only be day tripping.
See Ya !
Curt (aka Xtreme XJ)

Gorman

Could play in and camp in HV, run Lockwood/Millers,BC109, Los Padres Trail system has some short easy scenic trails? Just an idea and close to home for me;)

The weekend of Nov 7-9 is Panamint Valley Days. There are many scenic easy runs and scenic moderate runs there, plus you don't have to cook because the Rough Run Cafe is always set up for the event. There is a scenic sunset run on Friday evening for those who can get there by 6 pm.

I'll be there and am doing trial crew on Saturday on the Defense Mine run. The trail goes to the mine which is very cool to explore. You can go up through ladders to three levels and come out way up the hill from the entrance....one of the more interesting mines to explore.

If you're interested, go to the Cal4Wheel website and look for Panamint Valley Days: http://www.cal4wheel.com/

Goatman said:
The weekend of Nov 7-9 is Panamint Valley Days. There are many scenic easy runs and scenic moderate runs there, plus you don't have to cook because the Rough Run Cafe is always set up for the event. There is a scenic sunset run on Friday evening for those who can get there by 6 pm.

I'll be there and am doing trial crew on Saturday on the Defense Mine run. The trail goes to the mine which is very cool to explore. You can go up through ladders to three levels and come out way up the hill from the entrance....one of the more interesting mines to explore.

If you're interested, go to the Cal4Wheel website and look for Panamint Valley Days: http://www.cal4wheel.com/

This sounds like a great place for us to meet. I'll be going. I'll problably stay longer than just the weekend. I know Paul is going to go also. Thanks for the reminder Gman I wasn't conecting that event with this weekend.

mark
orgs mfg

I plan to do the Friday night run on Isham which Garry Hall and company are leading. I'm sure Paul Sinclair will be helping on that run. The PVD material says it's limited to vehicles with no tops and a maximum 94" wheelbase.....but we'll work around those small minds. :D

Those of us who go should get together and run something on Sunday, maybe Pleasant Canyon or Goler Wash.

Goatman said:
I plan to do the Friday night run on Isham which Garry Hall and company are leading. I'm sure Paul Sinclair will be helping on that run. The PVD material says it's limited to vehicles with no tops and a maximum 94" wheelbase.....but we'll work around those small minds. :D

Those of us who go should get together and run something on Sunday, maybe Pleasant Canyon or Goler Wash.

Garry will be leading & I'll be tail gunning. The hard top & wheelbase challanged crowd will not be turned away, but it would be a good opportunity for URF Mfg. to sell some 'D' pillar elimination kits.
Paul

There will be an early and a late Defense Mine (Stone Canyon) run. I'll be on the late one, 9 am, probably tailgunning with Marlin leading. A 9 am run should be just right after doing Isham Friday night.

This weekend (The weekend before Halloween), our club has a Boo Run at Supersititon Mts east of El Centro. I just hope it cools off.

Anyway there are runs during the day, some driving games and Saturday night there is some games for kids with tricker treating going on between tents and trailers and RVs for the kids.

If you have kids, they'll have fun getting and extra weekend for candy.

Ray

I will be at Panament Valley days also, working the Friday night Isham Canyon run with Gary and friends also. I ran that trail on the night run last year in my XJ. It's not as bad as they think it is although I was running full width axles and can straddle the v-notch that they fear will damage a hard top. Hopefully I will have my Jeep done, otherwise I will probably ride with Gary and spot since he has is foot in a cast still and has a hard time jumping in and out to spot for others

Fullsizexj said:
I will be at Panament Valley days also, working the Friday night Isham Canyon run with Gary and friends also. I ran that trail on the night run last year in my XJ. It's not as bad as they think it is although I was running full width axles and can straddle the v-notch that they fear will damage a hard top. Hopefully I will have my Jeep done, otherwise I will probably ride with Gary and spot since he has is foot in a cast still and has a hard time jumping in and out to spot for others

Rich, see you Friday night. :)

Back