• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Is The Forum Dead?

bosco01xj

NAXJA Forum User
The last time I logged in was January of 2021... over one year ago. I sold my XJ and my truck and now I drive a Tesla. I quit my hobby of wrenching on vehicles and swapped over to home improvement projects and gaming. I'm still on the lookout for other hobbies.

My original plan was to keep my 2006 Tundra and XJ and buy a trailer to haul it to and from trails. But then reality hit me...

I hardly ever took the jeep out. It spent most of the time parked in the driveway. I got tired of my jeep not starting and how uncomfortable it was. I got tired of the mechanical problems of my truck as well as the handling and cost of running 35s and a lift. I was tired... I was tired of the hobby that I'd grown to love for the past 18 years.

Others may still be in the hobby and I think that's great. Other's may have fallen away from it like me and I think that's fine too. This forum has answered a lot of my questions and I made a lot of friends on here.

I know I don't owe anyone any type of explanation on what I'm doing but this forum crossed my mind today and I thought I'd swing by and see how things were going.

I hope you all are doing well.

Over in the sierra chapter we are alive and well. Not sure about other chapters.

Happy Saint Patrick's day to you and anyone else who checks in here.

Some of us are still kicking.

Life has happened to a lot of us. Kids, illnesses, money, etc. have all changed priorities.

My daughter is graduating high school a year early, my son plays football, my wife's school is closing this year, and my arthritis has made it difficult to walk and use my hands. I can't make a fist anymore with my right hand and my wrists hurt.

As much as I want to wrench on stuff, I physically just can't. Then I worry about going 4 wheeling and falling. During the last ice storm I fell and I somehow didn't hurt myself other that knots and bruises. It was hard to get back upright.

My poor 1988 Cherokee has been in the shop for at least 4 years and it's been that long since it was last started. The 1994 has an issue dying that I can't seem to resolve. It takes money and a healthy body to keep them running and repaired and both seem to be in short supply.

I still enjoy thinking about all the fun times and good friends I have made here by owning a Cherokee. Maybe someday my situation will change with my health (not likely) and I will get back into it full force. I think my kids miss it. They ask when we are going back to Harlan.

Life has happened to a lot of us. Kids, illnesses, money, etc. have all changed priorities.

My daughter is graduating high school a year early, my son plays football, my wife's school is closing this year, and my arthritis has made it difficult to walk and use my hands. I can't make a fist anymore with my right hand and my wrists hurt.

As much as I want to wrench on stuff, I physically just can't. Then I worry about going 4 wheeling and falling. During the last ice storm I fell and I somehow didn't hurt myself other that knots and bruises. It was hard to get back upright.

My poor 1988 Cherokee has been in the shop for at least 4 years and it's been that long since it was last started. The 1994 has an issue dying that I can't seem to resolve. It takes money and a healthy body to keep them running and repaired and both seem to be in short supply.

I still enjoy thinking about all the fun times and good friends I have made here by owning a Cherokee. Maybe someday my situation will change with my health (not likely) and I will get back into it full force. I think my kids miss it. They ask when we are going back to Harlan.
Its a bitch getting old. :doh:

I’m only 51…..😂

Over in the sierra chapter we are alive and well. Not sure about other chapters.

SoCal is repopulating other chapters. Wife and I are working on an exit strategy. Son wants us to move near him in Buchanan TN. I'd prefer northern AZ.

SoCal is repopulating other chapters. Wife and I are working on an exit strategy. Son wants us to move near him in Buchanan TN. I'd prefer northern AZ.

Henry County would be a nice place. You can take your wife to Paris! LOL.

You would be really close to Land Between The Lakes in Kentucky.

I'm still out here in Texas but haven't been on much. I admin for a local Jeep group and between that and a work I've not had much forum time. Not to mention with the CJ2 rebuild going on I've been spending a lot of time on the CJ2 forums.

Henry County would be a nice place. You can take your wife to Paris! LOL.

You would be really close to Land Between The Lakes in Kentucky.

Well, she's not to fond of Parris here. She'll be out your way for a couple weeks end of September. Son and daughter in law will be at a hog (4 legged) seminar of sorts for a week. She'll be watching the two G. daughters, and doing some recon.

I used to post... Way too much as I'm sure you all remember. At one point ChxJeff and I reset my post count from 20k to 1 just to mess with people and it's still too high.

95% of the people I used to know who ran XJs and MJs have either moved on in life or died, unfortunately. Most either have kids or cars less than 20 years old or both.

Me, I've mostly moved on. I have 1.5 MJs still (my daily driver and an MJ trailer) but that's it, my days of 5 in the yard 2 of them running are over. I went FSJ instead for the future wheeler. If I ever replace the MJ, it'll probably be an F150 Lightning taking its place, for a variety of reasons.

I dunno. I check in every few weeks or a month when I remember, and it's still dead, I don't think there's been a reply in my subscribed threads in months now. Facebook is where all the discussions happen now, for better or worse (mostly worse, I'm currently halfway through a 7 day ban and they won't even tell me why I'm banned, and we don't even bother telling newbies to use the search tool over there because it makes vbulletin search look like magic.)

Seconded a lot of the above - not enough money, not enough time, etc. Though I still have an XJ at the moment, it hasn't been driven in months because of a broken steering column.

Been spending money on other, less annoying hobbies.

Not dead but definitely not kicking as high as I used to.

Not dead but definitely not kicking as high as I used to.

You just need to find another XJ or build that Comanche. Either that or build a thrasher out of the 1998 Grand?

I would like to get another XJ......

Some of us are still kicking.

Or need kicked!

Heading back to you alls corner of the planet for two or three weeks. Buchanan, TN to be exact.
Will be nice to be out of Nannyfornia for a while. Sitting here waiting on the plane.

To the OP, no more dead than the SoCal forum.

ETA: High2by, love the sig!

Last edited:
Back