NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Unibody Jeep Technical Forums > Jeep Cherokee XJ (1984 - 2001) > OEM Tech Discussion
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

OEM Tech Discussion Forum for OEM (Original Equipment) or stock XJs and MJs.

Old May 2nd, 2018, 09:10
NAXJA Forum User

Re: Problems after 12 hole injection upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexgalexg View Post
Used an entire notch yesterday...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
I haven't spit coffee on the keyboard lately but that one did it, thanks !

I will use that reference next time someone asks me how much gas it took in my rv towing the boat.........."I used right at 437 notches to get here."
Old May 2nd, 2018, 09:13
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dktool View Post
I haven't spit coffee on the keyboard lately but that one did it, thanks !

I will use that reference next time someone asks me how much gas it took in my rv towing the boat.........."I used right at 437 notches to get here."
Haha! You know what I mean though. I dont have the overhead console so I just go by the gauge

Old May 2nd, 2018, 09:26
NAXJA Forum User

When doing any data logging it has to be done under a load to be of real value.
Everything that I have found suggest they(0280156161) are to large. They are meant for earlier XJ's that run lower PSI.
Old May 2nd, 2018, 09:47
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCP Phx View Post
When doing any data logging it has to be done under a load to be of real value.
Everything that I have found suggest they(0280156161) are to large. They are meant for earlier XJ's that run lower PSI.
Excellent point however these have been installed on hundreds of xj's including 97+

Old May 2nd, 2018, 09:54
NAXJA Forum User

says who? The guy you bought them from sells them out of his house!
Old May 2nd, 2018, 10:07
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCP Phx View Post
says who? The guy you bought them from sells them out of his house!
I'm not saying you're wrong. You have given excellent advice on things I have posted and I appreciate that. But I'm more inclined to believe him than a major corporation that couldn't care less about its customers. Also haven't heard anyone else complain about them. If they really dont work I'll be sure to make that noted here so this thread can be resolved

Old May 2nd, 2018, 10:19
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
I'm not saying you're wrong. You have given excellent advice on things I have posted and I appreciate that. But I'm more inclined to believe him than a major corporation that couldn't care less about its customers. Also haven't heard anyone else complain about them. If they really dont work I'll be sure to make that noted here so this thread can be resolved

I'm saying he's shouldn't sell products!

Now for some real life experience! It's all documented here on . I just built a 4.6 stroker(2000 XJ) with Ported/Polished big valve heads/intake w/ 62mm throttle body. I run a similar spec injector that was matched/flowed documented 27#@49psi. It runs slightly rich at WOT!
Old May 2nd, 2018, 10:20
NAXJA Forum User

Edit: I'm "not" trying to say he shouldn't sell products!
Old May 2nd, 2018, 10:23
NAXJA Warranty Voider

Quote:
People complain about them all the time. Its just on facebook where it disappears in 10 minutes. They're cheap injectors off of alibaba that seem to fail a lot and offer no gains over an equally new 1 or 4 hole injector.
Old May 2nd, 2018, 10:32
NAXJA Forum User

I have a number for a set 4-hole injectors that I upgraded to before the stroker build, they were great and going into my new 2k XJ!

This is good info on injectors including a formula for effects on PSI.
http://www.jeep4.0performance.4mg.com/tech_specs.html
Old May 2nd, 2018, 11:23
NAXJA Forum User

Problems after 12 hole injection upgrade

Well to add to my bad luck I just got back from a long ass run and was overheated to the point where I could hardly keep my eyes open at the end 😂😂 it hotter than predicted for today I see.

Listen guys my injectors are under warranty. You all have the experience and know best so I'm sure your right.

The only reason I didn't ask you guys before buying them is because I know someone that did the install and they work great for him.

They are under warranty and new ones are in the mail. If they dont work either I'll get injectors that you suggest for my rig. Really appreciate the time you guys take to answer questions

Old May 2nd, 2018, 11:35
NAXJA Forum User

Only complaint that came across my radar was from someone with a 2015 jk. But these injectors are specifically advertised for jeeps and that is not a jeep so...

Old May 2nd, 2018, 11:36
NAXJA Forum User

Let's put some perspective to this!!! I have never tried to measure the port on a injector, but "more" maybe great when they're new but they will clog more easy. I've got that set of 4-hole injectors, I just tried to measure them! My smallest jet drill is .00178" and would not fit any ports. Anyway, in "theory only" in a 1-hole injector is size "X", a 4-hole would be "X/4", and a 12-hole would be "X/12" - just saying!
Old May 2nd, 2018, 11:49
NAXJA Forum User

Well I think the extra holes do help. I did notice reduced harshness and better accel

Old May 2nd, 2018, 12:54
NAXJA Member

Location: Central MA - keep going till the road turns to dirt, then listen for banjos

There is zero data out there to support any of the claims made concerning 12 port injectors. None. Aside from people's butt-dynos, and I've never been shown the NIST calibration stamp on a butt dyno so I don't trust them, especially given people are generally comparing brand new chinesium 12 port injectors vs their multi hundred thousand mile, multi decade old gunked up factory injectors.

Every time I have pressed Raffi about dyno testing his injectors he has evaded the question and not actually done it. The original claim was they make more power and low end torque. Then they were claimed to improve idle and throttle response. Then fuel economy. Every time something does not pan out or people ask for proof of things that the sellers know is not possible, the goalposts change.

I will believe it when someone proves - comparing new 1 or 4 hole injectors to new 12 hole - ANY of the above claims, using actual, calibrated test equipment and rigorous testing procedures. Until then it is bullshit and the sellers are just making money off of the uninformed masses by selling chinesium injectors.

A sucker born every minute.
CTeunuch: Sometimes I really wonder if this sport makes you insane, or it just attracts the mentally unstable.