• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wiring nightmares from the stealership

justkain

NAXJA Forum User
So my light switch went out and from there this car has been a nightmare for the past month. I have a 1995 Jeep cherokee sport and the headlight knob pulled free from the light switch. Go to replace it and found that the guy who had it before me likes spagetti wiring. Take it to the dealer and they fix that then the horn goes out. Go back to them for that and then they say the horns and relay are bad even though the relay clicks. Right after getting it from them for that the blinker goes out on the turn signal. They keep saying the wiring is bad where it comes through the firewall from the fuse panel and they can't get a wireing harness for it. I've looked all over online for a used one but we only have 2 junkyards around here and they pretty much crush anything they get a week after they get it. Does anyone have any ideas on where I can get a new harness and just call this mess done? Sorry for the length. Thanks for any help.

Damn man that sounds like a real PITA. Is it your primary vehicle?

I think I would pull the dash.

Buy a wrecked vehicle of the same year on the cheap, or look for someone parting out a rig on here

Agree. Look on Craigslist for someone parting one out in your area as well as posting a WTB ad in your local chapter.

Thanks guys i'll look into those suggestions then. Yeah it's daily driver and I really don't have the money for a car payment right now. Guess i'll just have to look at finances and see what is up.

Back