• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Gas tank skid plate

blackjeepltd

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone have a gas tank skid they would want to part with for a short bed Comanche? I have the plastic splash pan but want something a little beefier for wheeling. I would buy an aftermarket skid but have been unable to find anything. Any suggestions or does anyone have an extra one they want to sell? I’m located in ohio. Thanks , justin

Of you haven't yet go look at comanche club. It's the MJ forum they'll get you squared away.

Thanks I’m not as familiar with them I figured I would
Check out here first much more familiar with this site been a member for
Much longer on here. I’ll check them out thanks

Thanks I’m not as familiar with them I figured I would
Check out here first much more familiar with this site been a member for
Much longer on here. I’ll check them out thanks

No worries, anything MJ related that is the spot to go. Even in general that group is awesome.

I was curious if a XJ from that era was the same skid as a MJ.
It is not. But also came across the fact that there is one for the 6' bed and another for the 7' bed.
I believe these to be the part numbers.

52001806 PLATE, Skid, w/7 ft. pickup box
52002810 PLATE, Skid, w/6 ft. pickup box

I was curious if a XJ from that era was the same skid as a MJ.
It is not. But also came across the fact that there is one for the 6' bed and another for the 7' bed.
I believe these to be the part numbers.

52001806 PLATE, Skid, w/7 ft. pickup box
52002810 PLATE, Skid, w/6 ft. pickup box

The XJ and MJ tank skids will not interchange. They are totally different but you are correct in the differences between a SWB and LWB.

Back