• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Blowing smoke from exhaust

Newest update. I have the valve cover back on, I cleaned the cover but elected to leave the valves. The engine will only run at 2000 rpm and will have down and sputter out. Could large quantities of oil smoke have fouled a sensor?
I replaced the oil covered plugs. Oil pressure was normal.
This!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

How can I test for fuel? After running it, I hit the valve on the fuel rail and only got a tiny puff of vapor.
I'm thinking fuel is my problem.

Can you say "BAD MOVE".

Where are you located? You might want to reach out for local chapter members.

The smoking appears to have stopped, but it isn't running right. Cleaned the iac and tps. No change. Maybe a vacuum hose. Might change injector o rings just because I have them on hand.

I would start by running a tank with BG 44K thru the system.

Add to that a can of Seafoam spray for the intake and a can of Seafoam motor treatment in the oil.

Is he going to notice anything from one tank of BG44. I thought all those things we're a long term basis of results, like needing to add them every time you fill up for say a year or such?

With the looks of that motor he needs all the help he can get!

I'm wondering if I have a fuel supply issue. When I hit the fuel rail Schrader valve after running the engine, there is no pressure at all. Shouldn't there be some residual?

The gauge shows empty, but I put 5 gallons of fresh ethanol free just in case.

I'm wondering if I have a fuel supply issue. When I hit the fuel rail Schrader valve after running the engine, there is no pressure at all. Shouldn't there be some residual?

Yes there should still be pressure.

Have you had the tank filled up to a point the dash gauge reads fue l level?

I'm afraid to put more in in case I have to stop the tank...
I put 5 gal in when I got the Jeep, put about 20 miles on it, then just added 5 more gallons. I think the gauge is dead. Could bad wiring or fuse to the fuel sender cause it to read empty?

Back