• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

99 parts needed

N8N_99xj

NAXJA Forum User
Need the following, all for 99 XJ...

Plastic cowl panel, prefer red but will take any so long as it is not busted

Front end wiring for fog lights

Front door panels, manual window, must be camel color (or can you tell me what vinyl dye matches I have some the wrong "tan" color, SEM's color chips suck) also inside hatch panel ( I busted mine fixing my tailgate latch)

Front driveshaft (for future SYE install

Leather wrapped steering wheel in not-horrible condition (don't need airbag or cruise switches)

If you have any undented red front sheetmetal (I have some hail damage...) or manual window pass side doors I'd be interested in those too if you are in NoVA.

Last edited:
Thanks to those who have responded... May have a couple parts coming. Just remembered another thing on the wish list - if anyone has some heated outside mirrors I would like to have those as well. Thanks!

More wish list time... if anyone has a 242 transfer case and all the parts needed to install in a vehicle with a 231, I would be interested in that. This is probably another one of those things that would only be worthwhile if someone were local. I know everyone wants the 231 because "it's stronger" but my use for this heep will be more of a bad weather road warrior than a rock crawler, and I've already had one long road trip where I've needed to use 4WD at highway speed and all that shifting depending on pavement conditions is kind of a pain in the butt. If I could get a 242 in before winter that would be awesome... got a D35 rear end, yeah, I know, but I also have ABS and it's working fine and I am not sold on disabling it yet (see "bad weather road warrior" above) if I ever do a rear end swap it will probably be to an 8.8 with ABS so I can keep that working. Yeah, I know, not a conventional build...

If someone has a 242HD that would work, that would be perfectly OK too :)

The sensors aren't 99 Cherokee specific. Punch your specifics into any parts store website, and search for "ambient". They're cheap new.

I believe I have the heated mirrors. If I have 'em I'll send em when I get the inside door handles and switch.

OK, I have the cowl panel and fog light wiring and I believe that I have mirrors and steering wheel coming...

Still would like tan front '99 door panels, manual window

Front driveshaft (if you're local)

'99 or thereabouts NP242 (and whatever I'd need to swap it in, again, if you're local)

New request: looks like I have a rear brake job in the vague future, anyone have a pair of 9" backing plates for a turdy-five with ABS? I like my stuff to be clean and painted, and there's a little rust on there, but I don't like downtime. If you have a pair and want them back, that'd be OK too... I could clean and paint yours, install them on my heep, then clean and paint mine once they're off and send them back to you.

Mirrors and steering wheel are here and good. If you have a *perfect* leather wheel let me know otherwise I'll run what I got and if I lose my mind send a core to AGLA for a recover.

Still looking for tan '99 door panels, manual window

Front driveshaft

Conversion to NP242 from NP231

I now have two very nice power mirrors without heat from a '99 to sell/trade. Only signs of use the usual rock chips/bug splatter on front side. Glass is excellent. From vehicle with 83K miles. If you want them let me know, make offer, located near Dulles airport (northern VA)

Here's a funny one for you. I have a '94 with the 242. While I like the option like you do, I plan to do a little off-roading with mine. I'd pull it and swap you but I doubt that the '94 and '99 will swap, as I think the sensors or input shafts are different. I had a 231 in my last XJ, and it was awesome. Haven't gotten my '94 off and driving under its own power yet. Hoping the fuel pump is my last mechanical hurdle so I can get this thing driving so I have AC for a few more months of this heat....

Jeff

yeah I am looking for a bolt in conversion as this is my primary vehicle and I can't have downtime... One more desire that I thought of. Driver's side bottom seat cover for tan '99 SE interior. Or a set of ZJ seats or what have you?

Back