• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

external fuel pump

None, if you want to be able to smog it.

Hesco has quality pumps, but there are some of Different OEM that will work, not sure though

no smog here....
hmmm that link is interesting but wouldn't pump life be decreased since it is not imersed in gas to help cool it down?

Last edited:
outlander said:
no smog here....
hmmm that link is interesting but wouldn't pump life be decreased since it is not imersed in gas to help cool it down?

External pumps are built slightly diferent to deal with that issue. My brother ran a high HP external unit for a couple of years with no issues. Car was wrecked so I cannot give an estimated life expectancey.

outlander said:
no smog here....

they cool down by the fuel flowing through them

I think some people use Ford Ranger external fuel pumps when switching to a fuel cell because the flow rate is about right and they're relatively affordable.

Chris

Back