• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Evil track bar

noresttill

NAXJA Forum User
ok, im replacing my track bar today and the gd bolt (zerk end) wont come out. is this a BFH deal or is the a special tool i could use. ei. gear puller on sway bar ends.

thanks again,

Jesse the weak

zerk end is at the frame (as opposed to the axle) right? If so, the factory track bar has a tapered end that is bolted up in the bracket. It gets nice and tight. Apply a little more force and it'll pop out of there. If you are still having problems, apply heat to the bracket.

noresttill said:
ok, im replacing my track bar today and the gd bolt (zerk end) wont come out. is this a BFH deal or is the a special tool i could use. ei. gear puller on sway bar ends.

thanks again,

Jesse the weak
You use a tie rod breaker, commonly referred to as a "pickle fork."

thanks for the replys. i actually just bought some sawzall blades. I will be buying that pickle fork manana, though.

At least Im ready for trimming!

Jesse

I just took my stock one out. I knew my 1lb dead blow hammer wasn't a BFH, but I tried using that and a pickle fork. Needless to say, I had to get a 3lb dead blow hammer from HF and it worked after about 20 mins of pounding. I think standing by the driver side front wheel and coming in at the track bar with the fork works best.

Ever think about removing the track bar bracket. 4 bolts. Mine came off in about 5 minutes. Put the whole thing in a vise and seperated them that way. Was reassembling in about 15 minutes and just barely worked up a sweat.

Just a thought

I used a 2 or 3 jaw puller. Works in about 5 seconds, no problems. Just twist and POP, there it goes. Autozone rents them, that would be my advice.

Pogiboy said:
I used a 2 or 3 jaw puller. Works in about 5 seconds, no problems. Just twist and POP, there it goes. Autozone rents them, that would be my advice.

it took you longer than that to position the puller. pickle fork and 5 lb sledge one simple whack and off it comes

I just got in (still greasy) and it took 2 seconds with the pickle fork. Thanks for all of your help, now I just need to wait for the rest of the lift to ome in.

Again thanks,

Jesse the still weak, but with proper tools.

Back