• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Why is front shock contacting frame?

giranger

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 96 and when I was flexing on a ramp the other day I noticed my front shock(mostly left) contacted the frame. I am thinking the axle is not centered correctly. I am at 6" w/stock trackbar, just relocated it and I've measured and it seems to be centered. That is the only thing I can think of. Any others or am I on the right track. And I know I need an adjustable one!!

When you compress the Passenger's side front the axle will tend to move toward the passeger's side -- but compressing the driver's front will not produce the same effect due to the mounting configuration of the trackbar (position of the passenger's side of the axle is fixed in relation to the driver's side unibody)...

Generally a longer track-bar will operate at a slightly lower angle and reduce this effect some, but it is common to all track-bar set-ups that operate at angles other than 0*.

Both of my shocks hit the frame when fully drooped, due to long shocks and the resulting droop. I ended up moving the lower shock mounts out an inch......no more problem.

Shock hitting

Been there, Done that. That is what it is my friend. Get an adjustable trac bar as soon as you can,

Casper

Back