• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rear shocks through the floor

slcpunk74

NAXJA Forum User
So I have been wanting to do this for some time now. Last summer I was trying to keep up with my buddies prerunner ranger and I broke my rear shock mount and one of my shocks so until now I have been running only one rear shock. I ordered up two FOA 16"x2.0" resis. I wanted to have the longer shocks through the floor but it needed to be removable(for when I cage it) and I needed to be able to sleep in the back still(and easily).

Here is what I did.

DSC00965.jpg

DSC00966.jpg

still need a little bracing but it is all easily removable so I can sleep in the back and that buano for me
and just because I know someone will ask here is a rear facing view to show how little window I can see.

DSC00967.jpg

It needs some cleanind up/tweeking but I think its a good start.

Just because I wanted to help this prerunner forum get off on a good start here are good links that gave me ideas.

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=86666&highlight=Shocks+through+floor

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=63724

Last edited:
thats cool man, looks good

at the very least i would put grade 8 bolts in there. the weight of that tire is going to snap those bolts when you start bouncing around. running bolts through the tube like that is usually not a good idea. i'd like to see how this holds up. good luck and keep us updated.

at the very least i would put grade 8 bolts in there. the weight of that tire is going to snap those bolts when you start bouncing around. running bolts through the tube like that is usually not a good idea. i'd like to see how this holds up. good luck and keep us updated.

Resting on the floor and will have a ratchet strap pulling it down... Im not worried. I Was thinking grade 8 and shorter bolts.

Not sure running those shocks at a rearward angle was a great idea, how do they perform?
They work good so far but I plan on making a new spring plate and putting the lower shock mount behind the u-bolts. Should be pretty vert then. also wanna weld a plate with a tube gusset to the frame for a bumpstop striker like what t and j has

Last edited:
I did some 2x2 .25 wall tube that I cut so it was a U and beveled the ends.

Back