• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Deaver Jeepspeed coils

jjvande

NAXJA Forum User
would they be too stiff for DDing? How are they compared to Sky Jacker coils? ZJ RE coils?

i want some new coils to replace my 8 year old RE XJ coils and am looking for something on the firm side that will be better in the fast desert stuff. I need about 5" of lift and was thinking about hte Deaver progressive 4.5" coils with a spacer to get where i want.

Thanks

Skyjacker coils suck. These things are so stiff its not even funny. I dont even have my bias swampers on yet, and I can hit the smallest bump, and my CD player will stop(and I have a super nice alpine)

Thats all, sorry I dont have any info on your real question at hand, just wanted to say how bad the skyjacker springs are.

I use them on my Jeepspeed and they work great for that application, but for a daily driver they may be a little too stiff. It all depends on what you like. If you are doing high speed desert driving they might be worth the it...you want a really stiff spring for that kind of driving.

I think I got about 4.5 - 5 inches of lift but you might get more or less depending on if you have a winch or not.

Hope this helps.
Chris

green50gt said:
Skyjacker coils suck. These things are so stiff its not even funny. I dont even have my bias swampers on yet, and I can hit the smallest bump, and my CD player will stop(and I have a super nice alpine)

Thats all, sorry I dont have any info on your real question at hand, just wanted to say how bad the skyjacker springs are.
get some real shocks! I reallly like the Skyjacker springs.

Skullvarian said:
get some real shocks! I reallly like the Skyjacker springs.

I agree. The SJ springs are awesome. Its most likely your shocks giving you that harsh ride.

chris_amrein said:
I use them on my Jeepspeed and they work great for that application, but for a daily driver they may be a little too stiff. It all depends on what you like. If you are doing high speed desert driving they might be worth the it...you want a really stiff spring for that kind of driving.

I think I got about 4.5 - 5 inches of lift but you might get more or less depending on if you have a winch or not.

Hope this helps.
Chris

Thanks guys for the info. was this 4.5-5" with the 4.5" deavers....or the 5.5" deavers? Anyone else make a progressive coil for the XJ, or something that will fit?

Ill give you that on the shocks, they are Skyjacker Hydro 7000's...But the springs still don't flex worth a crap. I also have the Skyjacker lower control arms.. (sorry, not meaning to hijack this post)

green50gt said:
Ill give you that on the shocks, they are Skyjacker Hydro 7000's...But the springs still don't flex worth a crap. I also have the Skyjacker lower control arms.. (sorry, not meaning to hijack this post)

The SJ 8" springs are the best spring rate I have found for a combined use XJ in ten years of running a bunch of different springs. 235-240 pounds per inch is simply awesome.

However, you need to have a well designed suspension to note how good this spring rate is. (i.e. NOT an OEM design short-arm design.)

Everyone I know that runs a three link or a radius arm raves about these springs when they make the switch from the horrifically soft RK or Rusty 8" springs. Even the RE 7.5's are too soft, though without a winch, they are better.

CRASH said:
The SJ 8" springs are the best spring rate I have found for a combined use XJ in ten years of running a bunch of different springs. 235-240 pounds per inch is simply awesome.

However, you need to have a well designed suspension to note how good this spring rate is. (i.e. NOT an OEM design short-arm design.)

Everyone I know that runs a three link or a radius arm raves about these springs when they make the switch from the horrifically soft RK or Rusty 8" springs. Even the RE 7.5's are too soft, though without a winch, they are better.

how about the SJ 6"? are they the same wire dia, # of turns?, but with a different length? or are they designed to be the same rate as the 8"?

BryanC has these, and I saw them this weekend, didn't get measurements. They are a smaller wire diamter, however, that much I know. I would bet that the rate is close to the 8's.

Someone had a thread specifically devoted to spring rates, he called all the companies......standby......

Back