• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rear bump stops?

Alboy97XJ

Sierra Chapter VP
NAXJA Member
Trying to get a few ideas on how to build some longer stops for my rear.... I changed the shock location and now it flexes into my fenders and now i need to bump stop it....

i got some numbers for my rears this weekend when i flexed her @ hunter lake trail! but i think i need to add 2" more as i am gonna be runnin 35s, so far i think im about 10" total on my stops! ughh..( square tubing bud)

Get some 2x2" square tubing and make a large spacer for the current bumpstop. Or weld a 2" wide piece of steel that sticks out from the spring plate on the top of the axle.

Extended rubber stops, welded 3/8ths plate on the spring plate.

b9234716.jpg

47044925.jpg

What do you want the bump stops to do?
High Speed?
Rock Crawling flex?
Both?

How much you want to spend?
Nothing?
Cheep as I can?
I don't mind spending to build it right?
Money is not an issue?

Crawling.... Cheap as poss as i work for a shitty company and my boss is a Mexican..... Lol

It raises the bumpstop from the top of the tube to the top of the spring plate. My guess is that it is close to a 4" raise (thickness of the perch, springs, plate, and welded material on top). If you need more, just drill a hole in the material and add 1" thick hockey pucks. You can get the extended stops at any 4x4 shop. This isn't rocket surgery.

i bolted a piece of 2x2 to some 1.5x1.5 to make it 3.5" longer. then bolted that to the 1.5" longer bump stop that i had already previously installed to make it about 5 longer than stock. it was basically free. id reccomend it for the type of wheeling you do (crawling(no go fast) while trying to keep the jeep cheap as possible)

Square tubing for sure. I am running some that were KARMA'd to me. I believe mine are 2x4 tube, you could do 2x6?

Back