• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ LM7 5.3 swap

second cam swap, this time a little bit smaller cam for a better down torque, Elgin 1256 (206/212, .515, .521)

IMG_7804.JPG

not so lopey idle but much better driveability a much more torque

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lxyx6Gy2DwE

winter driving:
IMG_7717_sm.jpg

What else did you need to do for the 231J to work with the NV3500 other than the adapter ring you made?

I’m doing a 5.3L/NV3500 swap in my 2004 Wrangler TJ, and an researching what to do for the transfer case. I have a 231J in the Jeep now. I’ve been looking into building a hybrid transfer case mating the front half of a 231C to my 231J, but your build has me wondering if I just need to make an adapter ring like you did...

:geek:

What else did you need to do for the 231J to work with the NV3500 other than the adapter ring you made?

I’m doing a 5.3L/NV3500 swap in my 2004 Wrangler TJ, and an researching what to do for the transfer case. I have a 231J in the Jeep now. I’ve been looking into building a hybrid transfer case mating the front half of a 231C to my 231J, but your build has me wondering if I just need to make an adapter ring like you did...

:geek:

like I answered your question in my youtube video:
the input shaft with low range planetary (6 pl vs 3 pl) was swapped from 246 TC which came originaly with the motor LM7+4l60e

question; How much modification to the factory trans mount was needed for both the auto and/or the manual transmissions? ( not sure if it was pictured, but none of the pics work anymore)
I currently have a CavFab 3 link long arm setup. This setup replaces the factory trans x-member and provides mounting for the front axles long arms. also has a xfer case skid plate incorporated.
- Therefore I am NOT willing to change -refab all this just for a LS swap...its basically a game stopper for me :(

what are your thoughts?
Thanks,
bryan

I have also an not OEM style crossmember. The modification was not much.. some inches relocation of the trans mount.

I see no reason why you can not weld a mounting bracket/point to your crossmember for the trans mount (auto or man), this is sure not a job stopper :)

Back