• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My 44/9" full width cherokee build

Now I'm building another TJ that's more of a driver/ wheeler.
Is anyone interested in seeing the build?

Well I never posted it LoL

Here's the details.

1997 Jeep Wrangler TJ. 72k original miles.
4.0L inline 6 motor. 5 speed manual trans.
4.5" Teraflex long arm kit. Quick disconnect sway bars.
ARB air lockers front and rear.
York onboard air compressor and 5 gallon Sunair tank.
Atlas II 4.3 tcase. Twin stick.
Warn 9000XDi winch.
4.88 gears. 1.5 body lift (to clear the Atlas)
Warn 5x5.5 hub conversion (uses Full size D44 spindles and hubs). 30 spline alloy outers, alloy inners up front.
Full Float alloy conversion rear Dana 44.
37" BFG All terrain tires on 5 Brand New 17" Vision vheels
Tuffy locking center console.
Aftermarket bumpers. With swing out spare tire, with High-Lift Jack. Rock sliders.
Xenon 8" flares. LED Headlights with integrated amber blinkers. LED taillights.
Rocky Road Outfitters high steering and Rock Road Outfitters quick release mudflaps.
Rock Hard bolt in cage (color paint matched).
New tinted windows from ExpressTints in St. George.
Hard top. Aftermarket seats. Aftermarket stereo & amp. Optima Red top battery.
Hand throttle. Zero rust. Nice paint. New starter. New fuel pump, new tie rod ends and ball-joints in the last 200 miles.
Front driveshaft and front differential rebuilt by Axis Drivelines

I would love to pick your brain about this axle swap. I just got a 2000 xj that has the HP44 and rear 9 inch. But I’m trying to source parts for some maintenance. Idk if this is the best place or some private messaging would be better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would love to pick your brain about this axle swap. I just got a 2000 xj that has the HP44 and rear 9 inch. But I’m trying to source parts for some maintenance. Idk if this is the best place or some private messaging would be better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah ask away. Maybe the tech will help someone else too.

I built a new grocery getter.
2005 KJ Liberty Renegade.
Popped the bad 42re out, got it rebuilt, slammed it back in. Painted the roof and hood (typical early 2000s bad clear). Did 3 days in the San Rafael Swell and decided it needed a little bit more height.
2.5" spacers, Rocky Road Outfitters UCAs,
Adapters and JL steely takeoffs. 245/75r16 Buncha trimming.
Fun unit.

Wish I knew how to embed photos with the new forum software....

Posting photos is a paid member feature.

David Bricker / SYR

My mistake. You can certainly post photos as a forum user. If you are a NAXJA member, you can post them directly on this site, and have them stored here. This prevents the "missing link" issue experienced by many when Photobucket went to a paid subscription.

David Bricker / SYR

Back