• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

I graduate in March... no idea what I am going to do for a grown up job, But its gonna involve less back-breaking shit.

avyga6y2.jpg

My day started with hitting the road at 330 to head to the coast for work. This was one of four job sites today.

Have about another hour left before im finally home. Will have about 32-33 hours in for the week by the time I get home...and it's only Tuesday.

Is it the holiday weekend yet?

Re: Re: Important

:wave: I am still around lurking. I bought a 98 XJ Limited yesterday, gotta pick up tomorrow. It is just for parts so I can get the 97 back going. No big plans but to part it out and get the grocery getter back in the rotation. I am looking daily for the next "buy it, wheel it, sell it" WF rig. Last year worked out great and I made money on that deal!

Cheese "need to pay my dues still" Man
Leather? Is it for sale?
I guess "Why?" comes to mind.
What is the point?
That's what I thought.
I graduate in March... no idea what I am going to do for a grown up job, But its gonna involve less back-breaking shit.
I'm still trying to figure that out too.
avyga6y2.jpg

My day started with hitting the road at 330 to head to the coast for work. This was one of four job sites today.

Have about another hour left before im finally home. Will have about 32-33 hours in for the week by the time I get home...and it's only Tuesday.

I've got 41 in as of 1:30 am. 12 more tomorrow.

I graduated high school in 1986, married in 89 (and again in 99 :doh: ), first child in 90, grandpa in 12.

Going to be in the Fort tomorrow, meeting Mac for dinner around 5:30ish. Anyone in the area that wants to join, let us know.

46 hours for the week by 6am

labor day weekend will be 4 days fri-mon putting 51 hours in...

mac 'enjoy your long weekend while i work' gyvr

avyga6y2.jpg

What is it that you do? I'm assuming something to do with ginormous amounts of electricity since your pics are always of sub stations

Re: Re: Important

mac 'enjoy your long weekend while i work' gyvr

Should read Mac 'I had the entire summer as vacation' gyvr.....:)

What is it that you do? I'm assuming something to do with ginormous amounts of electricity since your pics are always of sub stations

We manufacture giant switches for substations and transmission lines. Basically every utility company is our clientele. 90% of my job is bouncing around the country to help with field installation, adjustment, and in the off case, repair.

South east of Des Moines

Damn, you were near "Cheeseland" if you were south of DSM. I have special treats for out of town visitors :D

Leather? Is it for sale?

Yes leather, but it is tan, which would look like donkey balls with a silver XJ....unless you like donkey balls, and in that case, I can hook a brother up. I am likely going to replace the cloth in the 97 with the leather bc it is tan too. Looks to have good parts, but I bought it cheap enough that I want the t-case and a few other goodies and then off to the crusher full of other scrap. Has a great front clip from what I can see. Will know this evening for sure how nice or crappy is all is.

Cheese "donkey balls" Man

Yesterday started year 7 for me.. Work pays for it, might as well take advantage of it.

A lot of people go to school for 7 years.......or more :D

Cheese "I think I should be a doctor by all practical measures" Man

Damn, you were near "Cheeseland" if you were south of DSM. I have special treats for out of town visitors :D

Yes leather, but it is tan, which would look like donkey balls with a silver XJ....unless you like donkey balls, and in that case, I can hook a brother up. I am likely going to replace the cloth in the 97 with the leather bc it is tan too. Looks to have good parts, but I bought it cheap enough that I want the t-case and a few other goodies and then off to the crusher full of other scrap. Has a great front clip from what I can see. Will know this evening for sure how nice or crappy is all is.

Cheese "donkey balls" Man

you has tan leather seats?
I need some covers that aren't all cracked and nasty. Well, my wife needs them, I'm sure that affects the pricing.

Good morning Sam.

Boss free day at work today!

Good morning!

those are the best days.

We manufacture giant switches for substations and transmission lines. Basically every utility company is our clientele. 90% of my job is bouncing around the country to help with field installation, adjustment, and in the off case, repair.
I also have noticed your pics. pretty cool stuff, since it has a lot to do with what im in school for.
out of curiosity, what did you go to school for and what degree did you get?

Took me 5 for my degree but I also worked 40hrs a week.

2yr or 4yr?

including drive time i work 56 hours a week.

i walked into class yesterday and teacher starts the course introduction(everyone in class has had this teacher before) he goes on a couple of times to say
"you guys didn't get here by accident. you are the best of the best"
:eek:
i don't believe that crap. i feel like i stumbled into this class like a drunken white girl.

goes on to say that the rumors we heard are true. this is probably the hardest class of the whole degree.

one cool thing is we take the final exam 5 weeks early so after we get that crap out of the way we have 5 weeks to build from scratch and present a project.

my current thought(with zero research so far since this just started last night) is a solar powered FM radio that i can bring with me on camping trips.

solar powered cheese machine has my vote.....or a solar powered rub-n-tug machine, but that may be more difficult bc if u got caught outside using that you would probably get put on a sexual offender list....

Cheese "stay away from school zones" man

Back