NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Unibody Jeep Technical Forums > Jeep Grand Cherokee > ZJ and WJ Grand Cherokees (1993 - 2004)
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

ZJ and WJ Grand Cherokees (1993 - 2004) Technical forum for the classic ZJ and WJ Grand Cherokees.

Old August 17th, 2021, 19:01
NAXJA Forum User

Rockpile ZJ Build

Hey everyone! Long time lurker, but finally joined up to post my new build since itís a unibody. Iíve got a 94 ZJ Limited 5.2L with just under 67k original miles. Iíve had it for a few years now, and just finished installing a lift on it last weekend. This is my 3rd Jeep and Iím building it to be a go-fast rock crawler, typical SoCal style build. My goal is to keep it clean but capable. As it sits now, Iíve installed the following:
BDS 4.5Ē coils
Fox 2.0 adjustable reservoir shocks
Synergy steering with Fox stabilizer
Prothane bumpstops
A mix of Ironman4x4 Fab and RC control arms, with Johnny Joints swapped in to almost every end (the front LCAís still have 1 rubber bushing, and the UCA axle mounts are still rubber for now)
Clayton front/IRO rear track bars

Short term plans: super35 kit that Iím getting from a friend for a couple cases of beer, maybe a hp30 swap, and debating notch customs flares to clear 35ís, depending on how much I build these axles.
Long term plans: air bumps, locked JK44ís or a 9Ē/hp44 swap, 35-37Ē tires.

Iíve still got a few small things to adjust on it. I need to trim the prothanes down a bit, install longer brake lines, and trim the fenders so I can fit 33x12.5ís. Iím currently on my older 31Ē tires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old August 17th, 2021, 20:35
NAXJA Forum User

Rockpile ZJ Build

So Iíve ran prothanes on other Jeeps in the past and had issues with them jamming up onto the coil retainer/bump stop post. I found these 1.5Ē barbed adapters with a 2Ē flange that fit perfectly into the Prothane. Itíll prevent them from getting jammed, but Iím anticipating the rear to be noisy. The front still utilizes the stock bump stop so it has a soft hit, but the rear is metal on metal. Iíll have to see how excessive it is but Iíve got some ideas to quiet things up if itís too annoying.

https://www.amazon.com/DERNORD-Barbe...dDbGljaz10cnVl

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk