NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Chapters > Colorado Chapter > Colorado Staging Area
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

Colorado Staging Area A Place to organize trips within the Chapter

Old May 11th, 2019, 18:38
NAXJA Forum User

June 1 OCG

Sounds good Iíll just be coming up straight from school which gets out around 2:30 so probably be there close to 6. Iím not to picky where we choose to camp just tell me where to go and Iíll be there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old May 11th, 2019, 19:10
NAXJA Forum User

June 1 OCG

I keep seeing videos of what looks like a giant rock garden hat people are crawling over is that obstacle an optional one?

Old May 11th, 2019, 20:01
NAXJA Forum User

Re: June 1 OCG

Without seeing specifically what video, it’s hard to answer.
It there is an obstacle called rock pile. Yes it’s optional.
Old May 11th, 2019, 22:07
NAXJA Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by in4aride View Post
I fit at 85Ē wide (I think thatís what it was I donít remember.) Xj on there no problem.
Good deal ... I got very little time to work on my rig , so I'm just going to rent a trailer the first couple runs rather than worry about axle swapping my trailer first .
Old May 14th, 2019, 10:27
NAXJA Forum User

FYI a few folks may run carnage and catch us on the trail. Right now I have roughly 4 rigs including myself in the Chinamens run as a more than maybe.
Old May 14th, 2019, 11:56
NAXJA Forum User

June 1 OCG

Are you running carnage also or just chinamans? Never been up here before Iím guessing to run carnage 33s probably wonít cut it?

Old May 14th, 2019, 15:38
NAXJA Forum User

There might be a total of 3 rigs in Colorado chapter currently that could run carnage. None of them are attending.
Old May 15th, 2019, 14:44
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by navyblue123 View Post
Are you running carnage also or just chinamans? Never been up here before Iím guessing to run carnage 33s probably wonít cut it?

33ís and lockers can run any trail in Colorado, you-of-course need to be a driver. But nonetheless.
Old May 15th, 2019, 16:46
NAXJA Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixditchoffroad View Post
33ís and lockers can run any trail in Colorado, you-of-course need to be a driver. But nonetheless.
Unless LED is your spotter!
Old May 15th, 2019, 18:02
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
That is about as inaccurate of info as Iíve seen in a while. Most trails? Sure. And ask anyone around, Iím usually the one known for cramming small rigs up trails. However there are a ton of trails in Colorado where 33ís wonít get you in the entrance.
Old May 16th, 2019, 19:57
NAXJA Member

Quote:
That is about as inaccurate of info as Iíve seen in a while. Most trails? Sure. And ask anyone around, Iím usually the one known for cramming small rigs up trails. However there are a ton of trails in Colorado where 33ís wonít get you in the entrance.
It's kinda like folks who say you can easily run 40s on stock axles as long as you know how to drive ... ;-)
Old May 16th, 2019, 20:41
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
I disagree, ask a jk rubicon owner. Xj, long arms, lockers, 4 link rear, belly armor, sliders, winch, 33ís will do any trail in Colorado.
Old May 16th, 2019, 20:59
NAXJA Member

Quote:
I disagree, ask a jk rubicon owner. Xj, long arms, lockers, 4 link rear, belly armor, sliders, winch, 33ís will do any trail in Colorado.

You would be one rock stacking winching fool even on carnage ... but have you considered. Boulder Canyon or the trails in eagle ?
Old May 16th, 2019, 21:15
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-tonxj View Post
You would be one rock stacking winching fool even on carnage ... but have you considered. Boulder Canyon or the trails in eagle ?
Not saying itís easy. 4Ē difference -give or take, 6Ē lift tops with 33ís, perfect geometry, hell, throw in those tons. Good gears and transfer case... Itíll go anywhere. Point and shoot. Do big tires make it easy, absolutely. Weíre not talking about a cherry Creek xj on 33ís. Put 33s on a comp buggy and itíll Do ANY trail here. Colorado isnít the holy grail of wheeling, by any means. Itís good but not the ultimate test. Hell, just to the west of us... light years better. 33ís and lockers can do any trail in Colorado
Old May 16th, 2019, 21:44
NAXJA Forum User

June 1 OCG

Quote:
Not saying itís easy. 4Ē difference -give or take, 6Ē lift tops with 33ís, perfect geometry, hell, throw in those tons. Good gears and transfer case... Itíll go anywhere. Point and shoot. Do big tires make it easy, absolutely. Weíre not talking about a cherry Creek xj on 33ís. Put 33s on a comp buggy and itíll Do ANY trail here. Colorado isnít the holy grail of wheeling, by any means. Itís good but not the ultimate test. Hell, just to the west of us... light years better. 33ís and lockers can do any trail in Colorado

Youíre either a troll or a complete idiot. At age isnít even hard comparatively to whatís out here in the west. Penrose is even whatever comparatively.
This isnít showing the gypsum trails. This is two of the 7 trails in Montrose you wouldnít make the entrance on, gtfo with the bullshit.