NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Chapters > Intermountain Chapter > InterMountain Trip Reports
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

InterMountain Trip Reports A place to post up details after an adventure.

Old May 18th, 2014, 21:07
NAXJA Forum User

5.17.14 - The Great IC Shootout!!

Well, I'll get this started in the hopes that those with great pics (*cough* Ryan *cough*) will post theirs up!

I started my journey about 45 min behind schedule when me and the boys pulled out of the house... Jerry.Allen and crew were nice enough to wait for us though!

So we jumped on the freeway and headed out of town. Of course, I had forgotten earplugs so we stopped for gas in Stansbury and I eventually found a box of earplugs at the Soelbergs Market. We FINALLY made it to camp right around 5:30pm. Already at camp were DrMoab with FlexdXJ, BaDPrOSTaTe and jmaxj (about time we get some MC representation at our runs!)

We setup camp, had some dinner and started soaking in some scenery (these shots are pirated from other peoples facebook - HA):

The camping was fantastic! Temps were perfect, dipping into the low 50's for some nice fire-sitting and great sleeping... though we did reminisce around the fire into the wee hours. As we conversed we were joined by 91to99 and Israel.

In the morning we leisurely went about making breakfast and then breaking camp and setting up a firing line. SandySteve showed up as well as Mrs DrMoab.

Morning camp shot:

Not sure who ran into this little guy:

And then it was time to start some plinking:

And that's all I have! Everyone else who was on the trip, post up your pics so I don't have to pirate them off facebook anymore!! (besides, the original resolution would be much better...)

I ended up leaving pretty early (around 1:30PM) due to my XJ running unusually hot and I wanted to give myself some margin for getting home in case I needed to stop. I left the AC off and we made it home without event, which was great.
Old May 19th, 2014, 23:49
NAXJA Forum User

Re: 5.17.14 - The Great IC Shootout!!

Is it still plinking if you are shooting a canon?

That .338 LM was a riot.

I'd post a few but you posted all the ones I took already.

I really didn't take too many. If you want you can read the report (in progress) of the trip DaveW, FlexedXJ and I took that brought us to that point here...
http://naxja.org/forum/showthread.ph...#post246105430
Old May 20th, 2014, 15:32
NAXJA Forum User

here's the few i took

Old May 22nd, 2014, 03:17
NAXJA Forum User

That was seriously the most fun I've had in awhile. I really needed that break. The company was awesome, I slept like a snoring baby (which is good for me), shooting 100yards was fun, and watching people try out the 338 LM was a joy too (I have video of Nanette ). It ended great with Jake and I shooting at a 16" steel plate at 645 yards. It honestly had me giggling.

Thanks again IC for another great shootout!

I've got to get ahold of a 50 BMG for next year. Somehow...