• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What was done to YOUR rig(XJ/MJ) today MECHANICALY????

Rear shocks are done. Front shocks better show up tomorrow

One of my shock mounts freed itself on the test drive. I knew that weld didn't feel as good as the other side. Oh well, learning experience.

what fronts you end up with?

5160’s as well. 255/70 valving, 11 inch travel.

Just finished a test drive with all 4 installed. Shock mounts stayed in place this time. Felt good, a little stiffer than before.

Need to get the t case torn apart now and fix the leak

Couldnt get the fuel pump lock ring off a couple of weeks ago so I dropped the tank and got the fuel pump swapped out. Just need to get the tank back in, then its on to diagnosing the next problem. :looney:

Got the t case torn down and back together. Refill tomorrow

May have found a new spare tire. Sliced a sidewall pretty good in Moab and didn't realize it till I got home. Not deep enough to flatten the tire, but deep enough that driving on it seems like a bad idea.

Love it when I find Rubicon guys selling stuff for nothing

Drove it today. And I have nothing to work on this weekend!

I did order mounts from Hooligan to replace the rockers with 2x6 sliders. Gotta buy some tube at some point.

Doubt I'm getting out wheeling for the rest of the year. Big acquisition at work.

While I did not purchase another one, I re-repatriated one, 89 White XJ 4x4 from Colorado to Houston, to join her family here. So I now have duplicate white 89's, 4x4. My son has the full lifted Comanche he hauled down here from Oregon in Feb last year. We need to rebuild one one engine and swap it...

I finally sold the 87 red 2wd XJ shell I got from a Naxja fellow in Katy in 2007 (gave it away actually to new friend...) I had it here for 14 years. I was going to make an electric Fuel-cell jeep out of it, but my hands are not what they use to be... Getting too old to do all the hands on work myself.

Nice to see others here survived the pandemic. :cheers:

Can't believe I spent $650 getting that jeep hauled down here from Colorado springs. But it is a sweet one, low mileage too.

I may sell one of them Next spring... Had a neighbor drop by one Sunday turned out to need help with an 89 (IIRC) sold him a Fan guard I had spares of he needed.

I may have purchased another XJ, and I may have started figuring out what of my 1 ton parts need to be fed to it.

If you out ran out jeep work there drop by here, I have plenty LOL

Drove it today. And I have nothing to work on this weekend!

I did order mounts from Hooligan to replace the rockers with 2x6 sliders. Gotta buy some tube at some point.

Doubt I'm getting out wheeling for the rest of the year. Big acquisition at work.

If you out ran out jeep work there drop by here, I have plenty LOL

Lol wish I had time! Been traveling non-stop for work. Did 2 deals in the past 3 weeks, one next week, and then a big 30 store deal closing next month.

The good news is my Jeep is finally not leaking from anywhere but the rear main and thats minimal. Got the hooligan slider kit sitting in the garage to install and a lot of vacation coming up in December.

Gonna throw it on the charger and take it out around town this weekend.

Got the fuel tank back in a weekend or two ago. Swapped in my new Brown Dog motor mounts and a Stinky Fab transmission mount on Sunday. Waiting on an o-ring set to show up for the oil filter adapter so I can change the oil and put that back on.

Then its on to trying to figure out why it runs like poop. More than likely a vacuum leak somewhere.

Got the fuel tank back in a weekend or two ago. Swapped in my new Brown Dog motor mounts and a Stinky Fab transmission mount on Sunday. Waiting on an o-ring set to show up for the oil filter adapter so I can change the oil and put that back on.

Then its on to trying to figure out why it runs like poop. More than likely a vacuum leak somewhere.

I somehow ended up with a 10 pack of those O rings. How long you gonna be waiting?

call me, I don't check in here enough: nine Oh tree - too 4 five - too tree fo seven

Last edited:
continued to massage my driver front framerail back into "shape". also modified my SFR inner brace to said raisin shape. will weld into place tomorrow morning.

then it's time to put the hydro assist on

Got new o rings on the oil filter adapter and reinstalled the adapter. Changed the oil while I was there too.

I ordered the axle end track bar bracket that mounts to my truss to do high steer/wj brakes.

Probably gonna snag the SFR kit on Black Friday then figure out if I have time to attempt a DIY or if I should just pay someone to do it.

Also a year ago I was rolling into Moab.

Got new o rings on the oil filter adapter and reinstalled the adapter. Changed the oil while I was there too.

ok how did you get the damn thing off? I've had a 4' breaker bar on mine and nothing. thought about draining the water out of rad and driving around the block to warm things up.

ok how did you get the damn thing off? I've had a 4' breaker bar on mine and nothing. thought about draining the water out of rad and driving around the block to warm things up.

I made a tool to do mine years ago. Basically an allen socket through a 9/16" box wrench that had the open end cut off. Put that on it facing straight up. Then take a big pipe or jack handle and stick it down on top of it through the top of the engine bay. It gives you just enough leverage to break it loose.

This worked on both my 94 and 01's.

Back