NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Other Technical Forums > Jeep Street and Performance
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

Jeep Street and Performance Do you like to go fast in your Jeep?

Old July 14th, 2021, 13:54
NAXJA Member

Supercharged LS3 crammed into an XJ

I would be happy to help. But I have to ask why you would go through any trouble to keep the aw4? GM transmissions are plentiful and not expensive plus the adapter you need to mate it with your transfer case is readily available. And they fit just fine.
An AW4 is a fine transmission but a 4LX0E or 6LX0E will hold up to the V8 better.

The hard part about gauge integration is getting the wiring harness correct. If you donít have a no shit XJ shop manual for your year or someone has tinkered with your wiring it will be rough.
I had Novak rework the GM harness that came from my doner car and the GM side was a price of cake, the XJ side was much more difficult. Pay close attention to the ground splices on the diagrams or you will end up deleting sensor grounds while you strip it. Or donít strip it at all, that would work too but is ugly if you care about that sort of thing.

Either way man go for it. It is super satisfying to complete a project like this and unless your striker is truly wild you will be blown away by the performance.
Old July 15th, 2021, 19:25
NAXJA Forum User

Re: Supercharged LS3 crammed into an XJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skruffy View Post
I would be happy to help. But I have to ask why you would go through any trouble to keep the aw4? GM transmissions are plentiful and not expensive plus the adapter you need to mate it with your transfer case is readily available. And they fit just fine.
An AW4 is a fine transmission but a 4LX0E or 6LX0E will hold up to the V8 better.

The hard part about gauge integration is getting the wiring harness correct. If you donít have a no shit XJ shop manual for your year or someone has tinkered with your wiring it will be rough.
I had Novak rework the GM harness that came from my doner car and the GM side was a price of cake, the XJ side was much more difficult. Pay close attention to the ground splices on the diagrams or you will end up deleting sensor grounds while you strip it. Or donít strip it at all, that would work too but is ugly if you care about that sort of thing.

Either way man go for it. It is super satisfying to complete a project like this and unless your striker is truly wild you will be blown away by the performance.
Thanks for the help so far. I may go with the 4l60e. I'm not sure yet. I was just thinking it would really be something if a guy could re-use everything from the engine back. It would really open up the ls swap idea to people who didn't think they could do it. I put gen 2 raptor coilovers in the front of my tundra... Anything is possible haha.
Old July 15th, 2021, 19:40
NAXJA Forum User

Do you have a line on somewhere to get a manual with the correct wiring diagrams? A quick search found this, but I don't know if it's going to be detailed enough.
https://www.emanualonline.com/cars/j...o-413212.html?
Old July 15th, 2021, 20:12
NAXJA Member

Supercharged LS3 crammed into an XJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaKannon View Post
Do you have a line on somewhere to get a manual with the correct wiring diagrams? A quick search found this, but I don't know if it's going to be detailed enough.
https://www.emanualonline.com/cars/j...o-413212.html?

Thatís exactly the thing you need. Paper copies on eBay are always crazy expensive, like $300+ so I bought the digital for $20. It is the full factory service manual and will have every wire in the Jeep from bumper to bumper. Just print the 10 or so pages that you will need.
Old July 15th, 2021, 20:20
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skruffy View Post
Thatís exactly the thing you need. Paper copies on eBay are always crazy expensive, like $300+ so I bought the digital for $20. It is the full factory service manual and will have every wire in the Jeep from bumper to bumper. Just print the 10 or so pages that you will need.
Awesome. Thanks for the suggestion.