NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Chapters > Intermountain Chapter > InterMountain Trip Reports
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

InterMountain Trip Reports A place to post up details after an adventure.

Old September 10th, 2016, 21:27
NAXJA Forum User

September 10 at five-mile pass

It was a great day, weather was perfect and I finally learned how to find the lower end of Rattlesnake. I ran it with an associate from work, and we teamed up with a motley crew of an XJ, a Wrangler on a tube frame, a Short wheel-base Rubicon and an FJ Cruiser. After that, when we got to Wayne's world, we watched the XJ climb the chute with little problem, but then my friend with a stock 4-door Rubicon (stock lockers) fail multiple times. Then the Short wheel-base Rubicon crawled right up it without any hesitation. We went and looked at Eagles Nest just to say we did and then took the trails to the top to look at the Merkur mines. I got off on some ATV trails, but other than some new pinstriping on the new paint, we were fine. No pics. If you want to see it, go on the next run. ;-)