• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fall Flog - Aetna Mountain Edition - November 5

Cottontail

Three-De Off-Road
NAXJA Member
This is your forum for planning and discussion.

Re: Fall Flog - Aetna Mountain Edition

Hello folks, I'm excited to help get this piece of the Fall Flog up and running! Let me introduce myself and get a little info out to you.

I'm Brian Lee, owner of B. Lee's Off Road in Ooltewah, TN. I know a lot of you, but probably a lot more I do not know. I look forward to changing that!

This leg of the Fall Flog will be held at Aetna Mountain Adventures. While it's a relatively new OHV Park venture, Aetna Mountain has a very long history of OHV use. You could make a solid argument that Aetna Mountain was the birthplace of Rock Bouncing, stemming from the early days of "hill killing" buggies. Aetna Mountain Adventures (AMA) was formed to preserve OHV access and responsible use of the mountain in the face of ever encroaching land use restrictions. But enough of that.

You can find most of what you need to know about AMA on their website and/or Facebook page -
-- http://aetnamountainadventures.com/
-- https://www.facebook.com/Aetna-Mountain-Adventures-1573040716272822/?fref=ts

The park entrance is located at 319 West Hills Drive, Chattanooga, TN. With 800+ acres of prime wheeling terrain, you can ride all day and not cross your own path twice. There are trails for everything from stock Jeeps to rock bouncer buggies, and most are on the same or parallel trails.

I'll update this post and thread with additional info as it becomes available. There is a campground adjacent to the park as well as several hotels within a couple miles of the park for folks coming from out of town.

Please let me know if you have additional questions!

- Brian Lee

Is the WEROCK side still separate? And does the AMA side have everything such as Balls Hill, Peanut Butter Hole and The Wall?

Is the WEROCK side still separate? And does the AMA side have everything such as Balls Hill, Peanut Butter Hole and The Wall?

Yes, WEROCK is separate, they are their own entity and not affiliated with AMA. Balls Hill, Horsepower Hill, Little Creek, Double Trouble, the Wall - they are all on AMA property. The PBH lies on TN River Gorge Trust property and is not a sanctioned part of the park, but accessible.

November 5

Trail leader(s) - please contact UNCC_99XJ, Lowrange2, and Cottontail via PM with plans for the $100 that the chapter is providing sometime this week.

Thanks

I am currently working on some exclusive pricing and arrangements for NAXJA members, but need a solid roll call for who will be attending this event. The FAcebook page event has a lot of interest, but I can't tell how much of that is NAXJA folks vs. local folks.

In any case, we're going to have a good turnout and a good ride!

I'm not 100% on this one yet - after the broken state I hauled it home in last weekend after LBL. I'd like to. Put me down for 50/50.

Brian - any update on this ride? Any NAXJA presence coming from the FB group? Any schedule of events or specific address to post up on NAXJA?

THIS SATURDAY!

The weather should be near perfect for a great ride this weekend! Bring your XJ, bring your friends, come ride!

NAXJA members will receive a discounted daily pass fee of $15/driver, $5/passenger. To receive this discount you must bring a screenshot of your User CP screen (or on your smartphone) so we know you are an active NAXJA forum member to be sure you receive the discount.

Hey Brian - I think I know the answer already, but is the $100 going to help cover the entry cost for members? Just want to make sure i'm on the same page!

No, I was able to obtain the discount as a personal favor from the park manager.

The funds will be used to provide breakfast at the sign up for NAXJA members. We can meet up, get signed in, set up a few different groups, get the socializing out of the way and then get to some good wheeling!

The weather looks perfect and turnout should be good, both NAXJA folks and local wheelers. Aside from some dusty conditions it should be a great day of wheeling. I look forward to meeting a bunch of NAXJA folks tomorrow!

All of the hotels in and around the parks exit are all booked up. Got lucky and got a room at the next exit down. Something about a tennis tournament, a rowing and swim meets.

Any pictures to post?

Back