• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

Apple Valley was a blast! Jeep made the trip both ways no problem and completed every obstacle I put it in.
Should have went door-less a long time ago, they will stay off the rest of the summer and go back on mid-late September.
Met Ron at the bonfire, really think we should do a MWC M&G up here sometime...

99SJ 'Off tomorrow and work Tuesday-Saturday' Ex

Re: Re: Important

Installing a new radiator in the 2000 limited. Everything was going easy, but I knew there was one part that I was dreading to do....

IMG-20140712-00065_zps13633510.jpg

The damn lower radiator transmission cooler line.

When I did the radiator in the 2000 rebuilder xj, it was a pain, but I got the four prong connector off with a small screwdriver. It helped that everything in front of the radiator was gone.

But this one as having none of it. Tried the plastic QD tool, the metal QD one too, and some handheld ones too. But no luck on any of them. Quite frustrated at this point.

So I borrowed a cordless angle grinder(omg, where have you been my life), and just cut the damn hose. I will get some 3/8" or 5/16" trans line and some hose clamps and call it done. Some say that fix won't last, and it might not. I'll just keep an eye on it. If something happens, I will get a new line and be done with it.
Mines got a small leak to it. Went to take the old one off and fought it for 30 minutes with my QD tools and a screw driver. Finally got the damn thing off but couldn't find a new line locally, so I put it back together.

It's not leaking right now. Probably because it's still covered in crawl mud...

Stroker? Did I miss something. ..

I bought the one Durbin had. 4.7 stage 1 505 cam, 99+ intake, I think cobra injectors too.

Apple Valley was a blast! Jeep made the trip both ways no problem and completed every obstacle I put it in.
Should have went door-less a long time ago, they will stay off the rest of the summer and go back on mid-late September.
Met Ron at the bonfire, really think we should do a MWC M&G up here sometime...

99SJ 'Off tomorrow and work Tuesday-Saturday' Ex

is it worth a 6hr drive? i have heard conflicting stories.

is it worth a 6hr drive? i have heard conflicting stories.

I think its like a smaller Badlands... There's always changes, once you know the main trails, you can go anywhere. MAx-bilt Phil rocked a stock '92 XJ and the rigs go all the way up to $50-60k tube buggies...

But, in the end, its the camping out and huge bonfires that make it worth it.

Re: Re: Important

you mean the one you are going to sell to me for my 2000? i can head that way to pick it up next week....
3.4 billion and I'll deliver it in my new G6....

Mines got a small leak to it. Went to take the old one off and fought it for 30 minutes with my QD tools and a screw driver. Finally got the damn thing off but couldn't find a new line locally, so I put it back together.

It's not leaking right now. Probably because it's still covered in crawl mud...

wheeling mud = better than bondo

egeneqyb.jpg

90s ram in my garage getting a turbo on a 360 5.9 gas truck...

mac 'motor is built' gyvr

Spent the weekend up in Lake Geneva for my wife's family reunion. Good times. Good people.

We set up tent with other family members in grandpa's backyard. My air mattress went flat and I had to sleep on the ground with the baby next to me. Add a case of beer before hand and you have a rough morning.

But

They had A LOT of thick cut bacon as soon as I was up.

Going back to WI this coming weekend. This time to Two Rivers to see her other grandpa. We may make our way up to Door County. Not to sure yet what he has planned, but I know he loves it up there.

Back