• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

some questions about two door xjs

I know the 1995 has the rear windows that open up. I think that they put those in when they removed the opening vent windows in the doors as I've never seen both on the same vehicle.

I'm pretty sure the rear wing/vent windows were options, not standard equipment. My 94 doesn't have them. Does have a medium gray interior.

My 90 has front vent wings and the pop-out rear vent windows, 90 Sport 2-dr.

Weren't the front vent windows removed for safety reasons at a certain year by the feds? I know when I drive my 1971 Skylark I feel like I have spear heads pointed at me. But that's the only A/C the car has, so I use them. I kinda wish my Jeep had them and was thinking about swapping some in from a junkyard Jeep.

Yeah, I've been thinking about doing the JY swap when I do all my door/window seals. Seems kinda dumb to have a fixed wing window.

I'm pretty sure they never did, but never hurts to ask....did the four doors EVER come with rear sliders? That would be kinda cool.

smoker windows are stupid. they break stupidly easy, and any real theif can get inside the car in minutes using them. HOKEY all the way.

fixed window, or late model doors, anything else isnt worth the time.

ive seen the rear windows with the vent on late models. many times actually... and it made me jelous when i had my 2 door.

12454d1265747547t-2-door-cherokee-club-jeep-wheels-1.jpg

10663d1263518097t-2-door-cherokee-club-jeep.jpg

Last edited:
Well, I've had my rear vents jerked out by some a-hole so that he could rip out my speaker bar in the back, so they aren't very theft resistant either. Which caused my good headliner to fail. I just replaced the headliner today with one out of a 2000 Classic. Now I have map and vanity lights.

smoker windows are stupid. they break stupidly easy, and any real theif can get inside the car in minutes using them. HOKEY all the way.fixed window, or late model doors, anything else isnt worth the time.

I know, right? It's much tougher for a "real thief" to pop the lock or break the fixed vent window.;)

mines an 86 with beige interior, charcole grey exterior, smoker windows and the rear vents. i would put up a picture but i'm not in the right country for another month or so. and i might be worried about the smoker windows if my key wasn't already busted off in the drivers door and the ignition turns without one. haha stupid old key

First off, did they ever come with a limited package.
mine was sport but I feel like I saw some with power options when I was searching on CL... I might be making that up though :dunno: Also by now you can find most of the 'limited' options in the JY and swap them in (including power seats from a 4 dr as long as you transfer your flip forward lever and other hardware from the 2 dr seat IIRC, I think I saw a writeup somewhere)

Second, did they ever come in a charcoal grey color?
No clue but you can buy the Jeep cheap enough and paint it at Maaco. Just do the prep work yourself and maybe spray under the hood and inside the door jams etc with a similar color to what you will be using before getting it sprayed by them (IIRC they don't spray under the hood or inside the doors if you get the cheap paint job).

Third, did they ever come with a grey interior?
yes, mine was/is grey

Fouth, what year did they change the rear side windows.
As was already mentioned I have seen them on quite a few years, I believe it was an option which (surprisingly) it seems not many people got, maybe it was a pricey option? I swapped the vent windows onto my '93 since I didn't have them from the factory

Last edited:
smoker windows are stupid. they break stupidly easy, and any real theif can get inside the car in minutes using them. HOKEY all the way.

fixed window, or late model doors, anything else isnt worth the time.

I know, right? It's much tougher for a "real thief" to pop the lock or break the fixed vent window.;)
Exactly what I was going to say.

30 seconds with a rock and a broken spark plug vs futzing around with a vent window? Dunno about you but if I was desparate for a fix I'd be using the rock... no pun intended.

Back