• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

No power jeep holding back

So I cut the cat out today was pretty clogged had a new one welded in soo much better now guy at the shop said that .5 psi over at idle is enough to rob power at speed and wot and cause my issues
Glad you got that squared away. Now, I'd look at why it went bad. Check to see if your head gasket is ok, as well as checking your fuel and ignition systems. If any of that stuff isn't up to par, it'll ruin a cat.

I had a runabilty issue and it ended up being a small crack in the coil where it bolts to the block. Mine is a 94. Those coils crack around the bolt holes and it effects the spark but not enough to kill it. At least that was my experience.

I had a runabilty issue and it ended up being a small crack in the coil where it bolts to the block. Mine is a 94. Those coils crack around the bolt holes and it effects the spark but not enough to kill it. At least that was my experience.

I had to replace one too.:(

Back