• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

PulStar Pulse Plug - spark plug

seems snake oil to me. their claims about "wasted energy" from "heating ignition components" are misleading. I realize its their trade secret or whatnot, but a simple schematic (basic stuff, no values needed, even) would help verify their claims, but no such schematic exists.
I believe that you'd be better off spending the $150 ($25/ea) upgrading your coil/dist.

There is no way they are going to get 20,000 times the voltage without changing the plug gap. Looks like snake oil to me. I'm guessing they have a small cap inside the plug which might result in a slightly hotter but shorter duration spark. A better primary coil would be a better investment.

Last edited:
A real world test, showing no improvement and added emi noise. I question if he did a proper SAE dyno test, though. He didn't mentioned the runs were not done at the same engine operating temp, and didn't mention anything about correcting for intake air temp etc. It also sounded like he compared them to the set of existing plugs versus new stock plugs. But still, it certainly shoots down the claim of massive hp improvements.

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/2005-mustang-gt-tech/105113-outcome-of-pulstar-plugs.html

They do have a much more powerful spark because they basically put a capacitor inside the spark plug to create a bigger spark. You guys ever heard of Nology hotwires? They have the same concept, a capacitor built into the wire with a ground strap hanging out to give the spark plug a much stronger spark. Its the same thing but inside the plug instead of the wire.

I have personally seen a demonstration of the difference between a normal msd spark plug wire on an msd system, and a nology hot wire and the difference is HUGE. It makes a BRIGHT LOUD pop for each spark. We put a sheet of paper in between the spark on both, and the regular msd system did nothing, the spark went right through it. But the paper going through the nology plugs caught on fire immediately.

Anyways, I've read a few articles on these spark plugs and they give like a 2% increase in power and torque production over the top standard type of plug. Its a great idea I think, I dont know about how long they will last in real world use though. Plus its a bit expensive for a set of plugs.

Personally I think they would actually work, and they seem like theyre on a different level than tb spacers, magnets, tornados, etc.

Back