• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Urgent! Send your comments in to the Price BLM Office Now!

Gravesdiggerxj

NAXJA Forum User
Fellow wheelers I thought I would add this to the land use area here on NAXJA so we can get some more support.

If you love wheeling in Utah, there are some incredible trails in Price. It is only about 2 hours from Moab and well worth the drive.

copy/paste from Rocky Mountain Extreme
http://www.rockymountainextreme.com/showthread.php?t=59714

Urgent! Send your comments in to the Price BLM Office Now! Price trails are in trouble! We need to make some noise!
Please help us by sending a quick comment to the Price Field Office and Utah State Office. It's quick and easy, make your voice heard!

The Price Field office apparently "lost" many trail submissions and failed to get other GPS'd trails included into the final draft of the Carbon / Emery RMP. This means that those trails are going to be CLOSED.

We need you help!

CLICK THIS LINK TO SEND COMMENTS!
http://www.blm.gov/wo/st/en/res/feedback.3.html

Select: Utah; Price Field office.
Then resend your Comments to: Select: Utah; Utah State office.

Also, if you can please call them at: 435-636-3600

More information can be found here: http://www.rockymountainextreme.com/...ad.php?t=58745

that benefit from the money and tourism these trails bring to Price.

Done. Any person who values the right to legally travel on public lands needs to submit their comments, regardless of whether or not they have actually visited the area.

(NAXJA members please write a letter too!
Don't just copy and paste mine either.
The folks who will make the decisions on the fate of these areas need to know why they need to stay open.)

My letter:

I'm writing in concern for the recent RMP for the Price area.
I am a local Utah resident, 4 wheel drive enthusiast, and member of the Utah 4 Wheel Drive associate and North American XJ Association. It has recently come to my knowledge that the trails which were indexed and submitted were cut from the final draft. I have also been told that many of the trail submissions have gone "missing" after they had been submitted. I feel the need to voice my opinion that this is completely unacceptable and that actions should be taken to set things right.

I personally was introduced to the trails in Price 3 years ago at the summer convention of the Utah 4 Wheel Drive Association. I had the opportunity to go 4 wheeling with the Castle County King Crawlers and I drove the Upper and Lower Diff Hanger trails. I enjoyed the area so much that I have come back 3 times just to visit the trails in this area. I feel that this area is important to the community and to my family. It would be a shame to close these areas to offroad use and not allow future generations to come out and enjoy the land that we as Americans all are blessed to enjoy. I want to take my new bride to Price and let her enjoy these trails. I want my future children to see this area. We cannot let them be closed due to an accident loss of maps and paperwork. I believe keeping these area open is also very important to the local businesses and commerce in Price, and no doubt they would suffer from these trails being omitted from the RMP and possibly closed.

No one is perfect and I'm sure it was an accident that these trail submissions are missing from the current RMP draft. I would urge you to reconsider making any binding or final decisions as to the fate of this area until the all the current trails can be mapped and added to the RMP.

Thank you for your consideration, I appreciate the public service you folks do, and I am confident you will make the right decision.

Name
Address info

My letter, sent to both State and Price offices.......

I'm writing in concern for the recent RMP for the Price area. It has come to my knowledge that the rockcrawling trails which were indexed and submitted were cut from the final draft. I have also been told that many of the trail submissions have gone "missing" after they had been submitted.

I feel the need to voice my opinion that this is completely unacceptable and that actions should be taken to set things right.
I have visited Price many times and have a trip planned for February with my family. I look forward to visiting this area and exploring more of it's beauty, but without the inventoried rockcrawling trails available, I will be forced to go elsewhere. I have fond memories of these trails and want to continue enjoying them with my friends and family ask you to remedy this situation by allowing the resubmission of "missing" trails and allow them to be added to the RMP.

My family, friends and I have always made responsible use of the BLM public lands for many years and we always make it a priority to stay on designated routes, and clean up the areas that we recreate on as well as educate those we come in contact with on how to practice responsible off-roading. I cannot believe that after all these years we are going to loose our access to many of these existing trails.

Spending time with friends and family in the outdoors is a major part of my life, please allow for the resubmittal of marked trails to the RMP. Castle Country King Crawlers has the information needed, and I hope you will allow them to submit these trails, to be included in the Price area RMP.

Respectfully,

Done,

Losing trails is bad.

Thanks to those who have sent there comments, If you haven't yet get on it please! :D we need your comments

whats the deadline for this?

oh and my comments have been sent.

I don't think they have signed the RMP
and they may be taking some trail descriptions yet
but we need everyone's help to persuade them to let us add as many trail discriptions as possible.

whats the deadline for this?

oh and my comments have been sent.

ASAP, we have to give them more pressure than they can stand, and know we wont go quietly into the night. They pulled a very "SUWA" move and show they are shutting it all down. We submitted about 12-14 trails to them, only half made it to the draft of the map and not a single one of them made it to the currently "legal" map. This basically shut down ALL motorized recreation and a lot of the roads made to access the natural gas wells in the county.
They want trail descriptions and pics along with the reasons why we want these trails, in which they will "consider" thinking about allowing them to be put on a travel plan... Its a load of bs that this field office has dumped all motorized recreation in the county out the window without even the slightest amount of remorse.
We are working with USA-ALL and the County officials to fight this and hopefully we can come to some sort of an agreement.

Thanks to everyone who has submitted letters. Keep it up.

i sent a letter, i love out BLM land here in CA and hate hearing about closures

Back