• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

removing oem crossbars from roofrack

Steve

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 2000 xj that I have just begun to modify. I am installing a new roofrack, and have heard that I can remove the ends of the rails on my oem roofrack in order to slide off the crossbars. How do I do this? The only screw I can see at the ends of the rails is the torx screw holding the rail to the roof. Is this the screw I have to remove, and if so, do I have to reseal it with anything when I put it back on? Any info would be great. I am new at this, and therefore a bit nervous about doing something wrong. Thanks, and great website!

That's the screw. Just undo the end caps and slide the rails off. Replace the end caps and Torx screws and you are golden.

i took off my crossbars when i put my roof rack on the end caps are a little tight like maybe little clips holsing them in place after you remove the screws. just pull them off.

I finally had time to put the new rack on this weekend. Thanks for your help KY Chris and 2offroad. The new rack looks great!

Back