• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

EJS 2017...what trails to register for ?

1-tonxj

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Every year I see Jeeps on trailers comming west on 80-76-and 70 heading to Utah for EJS and my rig is always getting worked on , So since EJS is half a year away I am making the plan to go today I think I will take that week off......Now the question to folks who have been there ??? What ??? trails are best overall I was thinking Hells revenge and Pritchette canyon ?

Hell's Revenge would be too easy for your set up. I think area BFE would be more challenging for you. I've not done Pritchett Canyon, but did Hell's Revenge on 35's.

Pritchett was super dug out compared to when I was there last and has some playground areas that were leaving big v8 4400 type guys unable to make it up. So definitely worth it. Hells is just fun because of the optional lines and it's like being on mars.

I ran like a third of hells revenge when I was like 17. Was really bummed bout that, but I think it'd be a fun trail no matter what you're in. We had to drive out at night, which was scary as hell. even with a bunch of lights, you're just plunging into darkness. and there was some guy running a tour in a unimog with no lights and no moon out. it's a blast just to be out there. Escalator is still on my to do list.

Yeah I want some challenge but not a 100% make it or break it trail with no bypass stuff since I want to enjoy the first time there...lol...not wrenching and limping the rig back to my trailer for weld repairs.

Pritchett is a good run regardless. Definitely donthat. Although I'm. It sure I'll ever do ejs as it seems waaaaaay to crazy for my liking.

I'm planning on hitting EJS up this year in the buggy.

Registering only is needed if you're running with the Red Rock group...**** that.

I'll probably spend most of my time at Area BFE, though I'm planning on trying to hit up Pritchett, maybe Metal Masher and a few others.

I'm planning on hitting EJS up this year in the buggy.

Registering only is needed if you're running with the Red Rock group...**** that.

I'll probably spend most of my time at Area BFE, though I'm planning on trying to hit up Pritchett, maybe Metal Masher and a few others.

Ahhhh so just going to catch whatever randoms you can? Hmmmmm. If I can flip this next project in time.

Lol...ok then I will just go and run it I want to go during the EJS just because of the atmosphere ...lol...EJS is somewhat of a must do for a Jeep owner .

Ahhhh so just going to catch whatever randoms you can? Hmmmmm. If I can flip this next project in time.

Not randoms, just wheel wherever. I tend to know a good handful of people there every year, especially playing out at BFE. I'm sure I could get some others to go, or just meet up with my normal crew (Lubes and company). I had entertained trying to get a condo or something, but you usually need to book those...immediately after the previous EJS.

Lol...ok then I will just go and run it I want to go during the EJS just because of the atmosphere ...lol...EJS is somewhat of a must do for a Jeep owner .

You can really do as you please during EJS. It's not like all of Moab has registration, a schedule, etc. There are some trails being run at certain times, but other than that...same as usual. You can view their schedule, and either run something else, or get to the trail before they do.

I've been on Pritchett, Green Day, and Upper Helldorado. All great trails, although Upper Helldorado is gnarly as hell.

We didn't register for any of the runs when I went. We just went to trails they weren't going to be running. Those organized runs had really big groups and took forever. My fuel pump actually went out on Pritchett on our way back down (we turned around after the Rock Pile so as not to bounce down a bunch of dirt road) and I had to leave it overnight near Rocker Knocker because the parts stores were closed by the time we got back to town. We went back early the next morning to swap it out and ran into the big organized run. They didn't even want to let us on the trail but we got 1 rig back on, we then ran into the group between Which Way and The Tube, with no room to get around I grabbed my pump and hiked it the rest of the way to my Jeep. By the time my buddy got to Rocker Knocker I had my Jeep running and was drinking a beer watching the chaos at Rocker Knocker. We had to wait for them to all finish there (we got to watch 3 people flop in the process) before I could go down it and leave the trail.

Last edited:
I usually do Pritchett the first day out, other trails depend on the group. I really liked Green Day at BFE.
There are a lot of trails that have fun obstacles like Metal Masher and Cliff Hanger.

Back