• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

got an xj today

jeremybigs

NAXJA Forum User
kinda new here ive been on this site before but its been awile since ive had a xj meet some of you before at reiter back in the good days i had a black 4dr with bright green xj painted on the sides and tsl tire tracks up the hood and roof then down the back.

i got a new xj for cheap plan on puttn all my old parts on and then some new ones. i got excited so i put the rear bumper on before i even took before and after pics so excuse the bumper.

i couldnt figure out how to add pics so ill just put a link.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000470026754#!/album.php?aid=32110&id=100000470026754

Last edited:
Cant wait to see it done. Random question, are those real bead locks?

gota love mock locks! anyone wanna buy them?

plans are

for now 4.5" lift bastard s10 springs and extended shackles rear
33x115.13.5 tsl ltbs two new two 500 miles on all onsteelies black
my front bumper i built holds winch on slide in hitch receiver and all welded tight doubles as air tank
rear bumpers already on there im that guy that likes to have everything with me so it holds a high lift gas can water can shovel ax two amo cans for chains fire extinguish ext. the main body of the bumper is hollow and i hinged it to open to hold drivelines axles extra steel steering ext. all welded to the hitch too, tire mount is on a hitch receiver also with a light, brakes lights built in ill get better pics of this all soon
ford taurus fan
relocate battery to rear
rear hatch area rack with sub mounted to it and airhose real
231 crawl box with 231 with a sye
weld the rear
painting it bright green with black tire tracks and xj on the side
add some rock lights
thats pretty much it for now

winter
frame stiffys
swap in my 6.5 long arm front
finish my waggy 44 4.10 gears and locker(havent decided what yet) then install front
8.8 rear lsd 4.10 disk brakes and have 6 lug conversion to match front
exo and rockers
hydro assist and rebuilt box
depending on money move to 36 tsl sx

thats the plan hope it works out well

did a little bit today didnt get off work as early as i thought so not much

installed cb
hood struts
wired in taurus fan relays and wiring
also loaded up my bumper and took some pics there in that same link
you can see how the rear bumper works

hopefully this weekend ill get the
suspension all on
switch out the tires
front bumper, winch wired
get the taurus fan in
tear out crap i dont need carpet misc other stuff
install rear cargo area rack, and sub, air real

whens the run? the end of oct? or sept?

i got alot done this weekend posted more pics to my facebook

got lift in
8.8 in
sye
swaped my old dana 30 in i wasnt going to do that but i wanted to use my 8.8 and so i had to match gears its a vacum disconnect that i welded the spiders only four teeth so it slips til it hits a weld then with the vacum i can turn it on and off when i want it poor mans arb also have a much better steering on that axle
got the pass door rewelded and alligned it opens and shuts now!
changed master cylinder but turns out i think its the abs so im ganna junk that tomorow
front bumper on

things left to do before ocean shores
cb hooked up
fix brakes and shorten front driveline
tear out interior thats bad install my seats in it
fix cd player
change fluids

anyone going to ocean shores, shore patrol this weekend? if so you cant miss my group of friends well be those dumb asses with the huge purple beer flags!

I know someone that may be interested in ur mock locks.... Pm me a price

whens the run? the end of oct? or sept?

i got alot done this weekend posted more pics to my facebook

got lift in
8.8 in
sye
swaped my old dana 30 in i wasnt going to do that but i wanted to use my 8.8 and so i had to match gears its a vacum disconnect that i welded the spiders only four teeth so it slips til it hits a weld then with the vacum i can turn it on and off when i want it poor mans arb also have a much better steering on that axle
got the pass door rewelded and alligned it opens and shuts now!
changed master cylinder but turns out i think its the abs so im ganna junk that tomorow
front bumper on

things left to do before ocean shores
cb hooked up
fix brakes and shorten front driveline
tear out interior thats bad install my seats in it
fix cd player
change fluids

anyone going to ocean shores, shore patrol this weekend? if so you cant miss my group of friends well be those dumb asses with the huge purple beer flags!

my cousin usually heads down there every year with a group in his YJ. have fun!

well after some major problems with getting it to drive down the road ive got it halfway runnen ok to get down the road going to naches this weekend so had to be ready didnt get to take it to ocean shores so i went in my grand cherokee dd.

well finally got to wheel it and i miss my long arm so i think ill be swapping that in earlier then i thought. everything worked out well but things got a little hot so i swapped in my ford taurus fan and added two vents to the hood now it stays much cooler. still have a bad wobble down the road the only thing i can find that it is is my two new tsls they must be really messed up ive got them balanced then put 8 ounces of bbs in them now i can get down the road but they still bounce everywere.

Back