• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

help today??

435Mj

NAXJA Forum User
would anyone be intrested in helping a noob replace his heater core???? and AC evaporator? i have the haynes andchiltons manules to assist but i really dont know jack about this. thanks tim

xj_toker said:
would anyone be intrested in helping a noob replace his heater core???? and AC evaporator? i have the haynes andchiltons manules to assist but i really dont know jack about this. thanks tim

I can help you by telling you that it involves removing the entire dash and is not a fun way to spend the day...

its a 93 man. trans with ac. as of right now its in peaces, and looks like a bomb exploded. i have the new heater core in the box but im getting a ac evaporator tomorrow cause im not doing this again. im just dreding putting it back together i know i wont remember what bolts go where thats what has me worried. oh and the coolent is drained. if your around tomorrow afternoon or night thats when im going to try and start putting it back together. ill be home by 3:30 or 4 hopefully which sucks cause ten ill be in the dark with lights by 5. but send me a pm if your intrested, i totaly understand if not. or if you have and suggestions on putting it back together that would be awesome, thanks tim

As you dissassemble it stick the screws into a piece of cardboard with notes or organize them in trays with notes . It takes time to organize as you teardown but its not as much work as sitting there trying to figure out what goes where when trying to assemble. Its just like putting a part on. Before you put it on you at least look at it to see if it has any chance at all of working. You wouldnt just throw it on and then wonder why it wont work. Dont have s---- laying all over being kicked around. I know I sound like your dad but I have done this for 35 years and its much easier to be organized then hellter skelter. just my opinion, everyone likes to do things differently. Good luck.

I put all small parts,screws bolts in sandwitch bags and lable the outside of the bag, it really helps

missouri

Back