• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cheapest rear bumper with 2" receiver and frame tie-ins?

bigolexj

NAXJA Forum User
I'm sick of the stock bumper end caps falling off and I really feel the ole XJ needs a more solid rear bumper.

My question is: who makes the best rear bumper with a 2" receive and frame tie-ins for less than $500 shipped? I don't need the side protection as I have PMW armor installed and don't care if I dent the rear quarters. My truck is smashed to hell anyway. Just want something that is rugged and could care less about how pretty it is.

I'd prefer not to have to wait a month to get the bumper too because I use my XJ to tow my lawnmower around (my business).

Any recommendations are greatly appreciated.

I know I'm probably !!!1, but I don't know where else to ask this and my searches turned up vague results. I admit I'm far from good at using the search tool though. :compwork:

bigolexj said:
I'm sick of the stock bumper end caps falling off and I really feel the ole XJ needs a more solid rear bumper.

My question is: who makes the best rear bumper with a 2" receive and frame tie-ins for less than $500 shipped? I don't need the side protection as I have PMW armor installed and don't care if I dent the rear quarters. My truck is smashed to hell anyway. Just want something that is rugged and could care less about how pretty it is.

I'd prefer not to have to wait a month to get the bumper too because I use my XJ to tow my lawnmower around (my business).

Any recommendations are greatly appreciated.

I know I'm probably !!!1, but I don't know where else to ask this and my searches turned up vague results. I admit I'm far from good at using the search tool though. :compwork:

Nate's 4x4. Add $25 for a hitch. I have one and love it. Bolted up perfectly with 14 bolts. You'll need a nut strip or I just used wire to fish grade 8 bolts through the frame rail.

http://www.nates4x4.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=25&products_id=51

I think I'm going with the JCR. Nate has 4 week lead time, which is something I cannot do at this time (unless I want to be broke and starve to death)..lol

:scottm: Not sure of address but check out C-ROK I have had there bumper for one year and love it,no overhang ties into frame and wraps around body to wheel opening,bolts to body for added strength with 2'' rec.

Thanks for the info fellas. I was planing on just getting reciever, but now I think I'm going to hold out and get a JCR stage 2.

Kurt04 said:
Thanks for the info fellas. I was planing on just getting reciever, but now I think I'm going to hold out and get a JCR stage 2.

:thumbup:
JCR makes some good stuff. I've been very pleased with all of their stuff I run.
Lifetime warranty is a good thing too.

www.rocklizardfabrications.com

P1010059.jpg

P1010060.jpg

P1010048.jpg

Comes with Dring tabs and pre Drilled light mounts for just over 300 bucks !!
Awesome bumper.

It also has a Steering bok brace built into it !!!

Last edited:
He's talking about a rear bumper, Andy. Nice plug though.:D When my rear bumper comes out, it certainly won't be the cheapest.

i have one from cassidy customs and really like it. it used the 8 stock mounts plus tie ins where a hitch would mount. it was the 2nd strongest one i saw at the time when i was looking for one.

i've already had several bone jarring pulls done from it, and haven't had a problem yet.

GottaBeJeep said:
He's talking about a rear bumper, Andy. Nice plug though.:D When my rear bumper comes out, it certainly won't be the cheapest.

OOPS LOL
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :anon: :anon:

jeep01xj said:
OOPS LOL
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :anon: :anon:
LOL dam picture whore

You should email Nate at Nate's 4x4. I bought a pair of bumpers from him a couple months ago and got them in 2 weeks. I got some nice bumpers for a great price. Just wish they were on the JEEP.

Back